The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

I wasn't too sure I'd like it, but I gave Heaven and Hell a listen and I was surprised at how good it was. It was pretty raunchy. I have Mob Rules to listen to, but I wonder if it's as good? I hear it is.

You know what, I have been a die hard Black Sabbath fan (with Ozzy only) for as long as I can remember..and just last year I gave 'Heaven and Hell' a few listening and I liked it. it's not that I don't like Dio because I think he rocks! he was awsome with Rainbow. it's just a sentimental thing I guess.

also I love you sig picture thingy...I just seen 'The Dark Night' at the movies a few hours ago and loved it...Heath Ledger was amazing!

Sabbath are one of the all time great bands.

Its Dio era for me, went to an Ozzy solo show last year and thoight it was great but then a few months later I saw Heaven and Hell and Dio is by far the better singer nowadays, the Ozzy era is great but the Dio era is sublime.

I'd say Sabbath was best with Dio but Ozzy's solo stuff is amazing. I'm a huge Zakk Wylde fan and love the Ozzy solo stuff for that reason as well.

Hope they come back to the UK, you lucky people in the US get a tour with Judas Priest, Heaven and Hell and Motorhead, hope this comes the way of the UK.

Cant wait for the new Dio era album.

• 1 month later...
This is the only Black Sabbath: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9gokjOjf6g

NICE! I love the orig. Nothing will ever compare to them except zep. Funny thing though, my choice of songs that best defines sabbath is The Sabbath Stones off of TYR. Although the original four are far better than the TYR album. But that one song just exemplifies the "sabbath" feel. I would give anything to see ozzy sing it.

This is the only Black Sabbath: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9gokjOjf6g

Amen.

I still love to hear old BS. When I have to drive my youngest daughter somewhere, she likes to listen to the "classic rock" stations. She laughs because, whenever BS comes on, I crank up the volume and sing along with whatever BS song is being played - and I still remember (almost) all of the lyrics. :)

Edited by MadScreamingGallery

• 3 weeks later...

I love all things Sabbath, easily one of my favourite bands ever, and Sabotage is one of my favourite albums ever. Ozzy years Sabbath is classic, classic awesome stuff, but Dio years is still fucking awesome. Iommi's solo stuff is great, Ozzy's solo material is immensely awesome. Rhoads and Wylde are my two favourite guitarists, so that might help with that.

I've finally bought Black Sabbath (the debut album), which I have no excuse to not have done several years ago.. But I guess, better late then never.. However, a most excellent album.

It is. It's nice and raw!

welll yes, yes, yes my other favorite band in the whole wide world....I do love sabbath, all the albums..embryo..is kinda special to me off sabbath bloody sabbath. And hooray for u who it was to just get the debut album. I do really love that one too. "what is this that stands before me? figure in black......" And of course Ozzy solo, especially the randy years.

I won't make a list l love it all! I couldn't get real into sabbath without ozzy though...and it wasn't that their music wasn't good it just missed that certain sound. awwwww hell now I've gone and reminded me of another situation.....shiiiit

I hope they do one more reunion with ozzy, one I won't miss this time. I did get to see ozzy last summer at FREEFEST! And he did some sabbath and it was freakin awesome.

For some wicked reason most of the Black Sabbath records I own, since I was a teenager, is the records without Ozzy.. And all these years I've planned of purchasing the old classic Sabbath records, but I suppose it's been deleyed since I have had a lot of stuff on cassettes (rip). LOL.

For anyone interested in this kind of music, please check out Witchcraft, they have released a couple of great records in resent years.

EDIT: trying to improve the grammar...

Edited by Swede

Do you mean "Fluff"?

"Embryo" is on Master of Reality and is really just an intro to "Children of the Grave".

Why yes ady I think I do mean fluff. Its been a while since I have had any albums.

I got master of reality for christmas when I was 15....Into the void is on that one too I believe and sweet leaf, I love you Sweet leaf.....and I do love embryo too...I love instrumentals that rock!!

Thanks for the correction B) Although I should probably be wearin that brown bag over my head!!

Edited by katydidgood

• 4 weeks later...