Today's Telegraph, Robert Plant interview.

chimp

Ok thanks for accepting my appologies!!:wub::D Let's be friends!! I'm also in my twenties and started to listen to them at the age of 13 and i love them more and more!! It's great to be able to meet people from all over the world on this forum, that feel the same!!

I just tried to defend Robert and i was quite shocked when reading some of my words!! I don't think i ever used words like that on any forum, ever!!I still stand at my points, i just used some innapropriate words, so i think your response was reasonable!!

If i would continue like that, i think there really was a potential to get banned, which is something i really don't want to happen!!

Cheers!!!

Ok thanks for accepting my appologies!!:wub::D Let's be friends!! I'm also in my twenties and started to listen to them at the age of 13 and i love them more and more!! It's great to be able to meet people from all over the world on this forum, that feel the same!!

I just tried to defend Robert and i was quite shocked when reading some of my words!! I don't think i ever used words like that on any forum, ever!!I still stand at my points, i just used some innapropriate words, so i think your response was reasonable!!

If i would continue like that, i think there really was a potential to get banned, which is something i really don't want to happen!!

Cheers!!!

Awwww...you're very welcome! :D :D And thank you for being so nice after everything I said! And its really awesome to meet Zep Heads from all over the world and connect! That's the beauty of this forum! :D :D

I think the younger members here, myself included, are just frustrated that we'll never get the opportnity to see Zeppelin live, I think that is the point Kiwi_Zep_Fan was making. I've been listening to Zepp since I was 11 and my love for their music has only grown over the years. I've seen the Stones live twice and Paul Mccartney performing over 20 Beatles songs which was amazing, but Zeppelin is my favourite band and seeing them live just once would be fanastic and a dream come true. Of course, Robert shouldn't feel he has to do it if he doesn't want to, it's just a shame when Jimmy seems so enthusiastic. Oh well I can just keep listening to their albums and living in hope. B)

I think the younger members here, myself included, are just frustrated that we'll never the opportnity to see Zeppelin, I thiink that is the point Kiwi_Zep_Fan was making. I've been listening to Zepp since I was 11 and my love for their music has only grown over the years. I've seen the Stones live twice and Paul Mccartney performing over 20 Beatles songs which was amazing, but Zeppelin is my favourite band and seeing them live just once would be fanastic and a dream come true. Of course, Robert shouldn't feel he has to do it if he doesn't want to, it's just a shame when Jimmy seems so enthusiastic. Oh well I can just keep listening to their albums and living in hope. B)

It isn't the wanting to see Zep and feeling frustrated that I was referring to. I never saw them either. I was referring to a recent rash of previously banned members coming back pretending they don't know anything but go after all the people they used to attack and start arguments in many threads, not about the topic at hand, but direct insults to the people. It's depressing and a waste of time.

Having differing opinions on things is to be expected - be pretty boring if we all thought the same but to troll and try to wind people up as some sort of revenge, well I don't get that at all.

I agree ninelives, my comments weren't directed at you but at the member in question. I can't understand either why people come on here only to attack other members comments. It's okay to disagree, but there's no reason to be so vindictive about it. I try to stay out of discussions when they become like this. :unsure:

Yeah i agrre!! Different opinions yeah and we must discuss them as nicely as possible!!

It's just that sometimes i feel, that the ones who want a tour so desperately, are forgeting about the importance of Bonzo and that Robert has the right to have a free will and while i supported these ideas, i got a bit carried away, as i thought these opinons of mine(and others supporting Robert) are really essenitial in understanding whay Robert doesn't want to tour and so i tried to present those arguments and i got a bit strong worded, because i thought the opposite opinions are just so damn wrong!

And by the way I was never banned from the forum!

Yeah i agrre!! Different opinions yeah and we must discuss them as nicely as possible!!

It's just that sometimes i feel, that the ones who want a tour so desperately, are forgeting about the importance of Bonzo and that Robert has the right to have a free will and while i supported these ideas, i got a bit carried away, as i thought these opinons of mine(and others supporting Robert) are really essenitial in understanding whay Robert doesn't want to tour and so i tried to present those arguments and i got a bit strong worded, because i thought the opposite opinions are just so damn wrong!

And by the way I was never banned from the forum!

You have a very valid point there Mat! I (thinking about it now after reading your post) do feel that without Bonzo, Led Zep is quite incomplete! :( And I guess Robert feels the same way! I have never ever looked at it from this angle before! All this time, I forgot about poor Bonzo! :slapface:

I rarely post on this forum, but i have to say, that some of the bullshit being spouted by people on this forum and on this thread is amazing.

Robert Plant has stated time and time again that he is incredibly proud of his legacy with Led Zeppelin. He plays Led Zeppelin songs in his set, at each gig he plays, and has done since the mid 1980's.

However, at the age of 61, he clearly does NOT want to tour around the world, similar to the Rolling Stones, playing to soulless arenas and having the press rip him and the band to shreds for being too old to pull it off.

And lets not forget that Led Zeppelin is incomplete, and has been incomplete for the past 30 years.

Its a shame that people are either unable, or unwilling to understand this.

Robert Plant should be applauded for not being like Jagger and the Stones, touring the life out of the same songs for the last 30 years.

Love or hate his current direction, he is doing what HE wants to do, not what everyone else expects him to do. And at the age of 61, he deserves to have the right to do this.

If you want live Led Zeppelin, go and listen to the CD's and watch the DVD's. This after all, is Led Zeppelin as it should be seen and heard, 4 guys in their 20's playing at the height of their powers. A tour now (Jimmy is 66 after all) would be great, but would NOT portray Zeppelin as they should be, and are, portrayed, as the best rock and roll band of all time.

In my view, Robert Plant is showing far more respect for Led Zeppelin fans around the world, by upholding this reputation, not going out and ruining it by touring 35 years after they were in their prime.

This is the year 2010 people. Not 1980. Enjoy Led Zeppelin as we all do, but go out there and listen to some new music! There's some great blues based rock (Black Keys, White Stripes to name but two).

Just expressing my opinion on this. Take it or leave it. :D :D

Uh no. He most certainly does. His royalty sale does not include future releases. A new deal had to be cut so Robert could get a fair share, and Atlantic still be able to hock Led Zeppelin via the "compilation" type releases.

Bonham family has creative control too.

Oh, ok. I should have guessed from his avatar.

Exactly, anyone using a Johnny Cash photo for an avatar should be immediately suspect. Any others I should be on the lookout for because you know it's best to judge a book by it's cover?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, Jahfin.

It is? I had no idea.

Exactly, anyone using a Johnny Cash photo for an avatar should be immediately suspect.

It's not the fact that it's Johnny Cash, Jahfin. He's cool, in a post-ironic kind of way. It was more the finger that I was referring to.

It's not the fact that it's Johnny Cash, Jahfin. He's cool, in a post-ironic kind of way. It was more the finger that I was referring to.

So Cash is only cool in a "post-ironic kind of way"? That's a new one on me. Who was cool during the "ironic" only time period? So, it's the finger that indicates sarcasm? That's also a new one on me. I could have sworn he gave the finger in that photograph 'cause he was pissed off. I don't see any sarcasm in that, I see Cash simply being himself.

At the end of the day, we should be grateful for what we have, which is the albums and DVDs, and the solo music. Plus, Robert's new album is released 2 weeks next Modnay so I'm mega excited :D, although I was hoping for Raising Sand 2.

It's a shame to see all the hate poured out all over the threads. Where's the love?!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived