The Weather Thread

Atlas

It feels like an autumn day here in the northeast. I am outside of Rochester, NY, near Buffalo and already its cooling off. This is going to go down as a quick summer for me. OH well, that means footballl and hockey are coming. Next summer my oldest daughter is getting married. 'The wedding will be in the 1000 Islands. So we all will be traveling. Guests from Rochester, and New York City and New Jersey.

Lol, that reminds me of Zeppelin's first album

Dannielle really picked up steam today. It looks as though she will skirt the northern edge of the higher TCHP reservoir. If something forces her to the south, she's gonna get mean.

2010233at.jpg

I haven't really been following this thread lately...

but,

have many from the Dallas-Ft. Worth area pitched in recently ? I've seen that there are near 50 days this summer with temps above 100 and many over 105. Early this month it was 108 for a high I think.

Funny though, the 'global warming' thread hasn't seen the heat of the day much lately either. The weather scientist's say the first 6 months of this year was yet ANOTHER record. The HOTTEST 6 month period EVER recorded since they've been keepin' tabs for over 100 years !!

Shapin' up to look like the summer of 1980 in DFW this time around.

I haven't really been following this thread lately...

but,

have many from the Dallas-Ft. Worth area pitched in recently ? I've seen that there are near 50 days this summer with temps above 100 and many over 105. Early this month it was 108 for a high I think.

Funny though, the 'global warming' thread hasn't seen the heat of the day much lately either. The weather scientist's say the first 6 months of this year was yet ANOTHER record. The HOTTEST 6 month period EVER recorded since they've been keepin' tabs for over 100 years !!

Shapin' up to look like the summer of 1980 in DFW this time around.

What do you care about Forth Worth dude? Maybe Fort Leavenworth:lol: Stay out of the fuckin water. Your skin will dissolve.

What do you care about Forth Worth dude? Maybe Fort Leavenworth:lol: Stay out of the fuckin water. Your skin will dissolve.

Hey...

Ft. Worth is cool !! Well, not weatherwise :rolleyes: , it's got a bunch of cattleyards ! It's the 'gateway' to the WEST !!!! Go there, young man ! :lol:

Tomorrow marks a Zep anniversary there too. A great bootleg from Aug. 23, 1971 in very good/excellent quality was recorded at the Tarrant County Convention Center, a place I've seen some excellent shows as well. ;)

OH damn...I sillylilly forgot that LZ actually played there on TODAY's date in 1970 !! Well, one year and one day later they played too.

The boot from '71 is called 'Hot August Night'....go figure !!

This one is likely to follow on Danielle's coattails. It will become a hurricane, but too early to make it across to the warmer waters that produce the really powerful storms. Once they become vortexes, the forces acting on them drive them to the northwest.

post-10180-050044300 1282571224_thumb.gi

Now this one is really scary! Notice the rip in the fabric of the Universe!

post-10180-099049100 1282599574_thumb.gi

Here's a close up view:

post-10180-084493700 1282599593_thumb.gi

As I said, that will become the 5th named Atlantic storm of the season, and will be a redo of Danielle.

We had some lows this morning in the 30s nearby here. Ahhh....nuthin' like chilly morn's in August ! :D

Hell, on the 4th of July this year, it was only 40 degrees when I was at the top of Hidden Peak at 11,000 feet !! My sister and brother-in-law from Dallas were freezin' their lonestar asses off !!! But they loved it. I wore a long sleeved Tshirt so they wouldn't think I was an idiot. I had shorts on though...hahahahhaa....

I was riding the motorcycle home from the Black Hills in South Dakota Sunday......it was very windy and wonderfully hot with low humidity. I stopped at a rest stop where a motorist said to me; "It's a little windy, isn't it?" I said; "Yes it is." Then he said; "I saw you go by......104 in the car." to which I replied; "I didn't think I was going that fast." He then said; "I meant the temperature." So I said; "Don't you have air conditioning?"

Tropical Storm EARL is born. I'm not sure what changed, but the NWS has dramatically adjusted the projected path. If he keep getting pushed to the south, he could end up making a real mess. I'm staying with my prediction that he will pretty much follow his big sister.

post-10180-050342200 1282768773_thumb.gi

I'm going out on a limb and saying that this disturbance moving off the coast of Senegal will form yet another tropical cyclone. It will take a bit longer to form, and will thus have a greater likelihood of making landfall. I am also going to modify my prediction on Earl. Earl will likely follow the trajectory currently predicted by the NWS.

post-10180-052523800 1282786498_thumb.jp

Atlas;

If you have any political pull at all, call the Russians and ask them to turn off their weather making machines.

I have a direct line to Odin, who has much more control over storms than do the Ruskies, but I don't like to intervene.

I might be wrong about the one forming off the coast of Africa. It looks like it might form sooner than later. I will note that this about what happened when Fran slammed into the East coast of the US in 1996.

post-10180-048974100 1282828988_thumb.jp

fran_v3.jpg

1996efgsat.gif

Archived