The Weather Thread

Atlas

It's officially the first day of autumn here in the UK. At the moment torrential rain is pouring outside, it sounds like pebbles hitting the windows. The temperature is meant to be going down tomorrow, so I suppose autumn has officially started! Not looking forward to those dark evenings. :(

It's officially the first day of autumn here in the UK. At the moment torrential rain is pouring outside, it sounds like pebbles hitting the windows. The temperature is meant to be going down tomorrow, so I suppose autumn has officially started! Not looking forward to those dark evenings. :(

Tell me about it, i went to pick up my van today and the walk from the bus stop, well the guy who serviced it asked if i had been swimming, i have never been so wet before unless i had been scuba diving for jellied eels. :o

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, I love those dark evenings, it means i can reincarnate myself as Jack the Ripper and Terrorise Whitechapel, only this time I'm only gonna frighten the locals, their all Muzzies and Jews so if i put Holy Water in to my Super Soaker I'll give them one hell of a fright don't ya think? :D

PPS, Sorry if I'm off topic, again, but the weather here is as it usually is, and Judas Priest couldn't say it better.

You're in for surprise

You're in for a shock

In London town streets

When there's darkness and fog

When you least expect me

And you turn your back

I'll attack

I smile when I'm sneaking

Through shadows by the wall

I laugh when I'm creeping

But you won't hear me at all

All hear my warning

Never turn your back

On the ripper

You'll soon shake with fear

Never knowing if I'm near

I'm sly and I'm shameless

Nocturnal and nameless

Except for "the ripper"

Or if you like "jack the knife"

Solo (Glenn)

Any back alley street

Is where we'll probably meet

Underneath a gas lamp

Where the air's cold and damp

I'm a nasty surprise

I'm a devil in disguise

I'm a footstep at night

I'm a scream of the fright

All hear my warning

Never turn your back

On the ripper...the ripper....the ripper

• 2 months later...

I now officially hate winter here.

We are dealing with the dreaded inversions which can be a health hazard to young, old, and anyone with respiratory problems.

Usually it doesn't hit us this early but it has, and I'm dying to figure a way to get the heck out of here for a few months.

I HATE it. :thumbdown::mad:

Great bouncing icebergs!!! Old man winter has struck upstate NY with a vengeance!!!!!:freezing:

Winter arrived here a few weeks ago. It'll make for a great :skiing: season up on the local mountains

The weather is quite pleasant today (for a change) here in Auckland! Thank goodness! Usually at this time, the sun will be beaming down and I and so many other Aucklanders will be sweating buckets! :veryhot: Sheesh! :slapface:

But it really cools down considerably in the evenings! Thank goodness for the sea breeze near my apartment! :D

But the damn sun doesn't set till at least 8 PM! :huh:

Man you poor western New York folk are getting hammered aren't you. I live east of you near Albany and so far we've been very lucky, no snow although it's been brutally cold with howling winds.

Winter in upstate NY isn't very pretty is it.

Man you poor western New York folk are getting hammered aren't you. I live east of you near Albany and so far we've been very lucky, no snow although it's been brutally cold with howling winds.

Winter in upstate NY isn't very pretty is it.

Yes we are. And its freezing to boot. I dont know why I stay here. I guess I like a white Xmas. After that forget it. Winter's are too long.

Man did we get pounded with snow. There is no doubt we will have a white Xmas. My wife's parents are driving up from Florida. They may be sorrry. Ha. I just went through 4 feet of snow on my deck to fill the bird feeder and went out the hill to put food out for the squirrels. Freezing and so much snow I cant get my car in. Waiting for the plowman.

AAAARRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Today was the hottest fuckin' day in Auckland!!!! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!!! The temperatures soared to 27°C! Why the fuck can't it rain here? I sure as hell could use some relief! I was sweating buckets!!! :angry:

Kiwi you need to sit in front of a :fan: and not move!

I wish I could send you some of our freezing weather! We have more snow and freezing temperatures coming in from Siberia at the end of week! :freezing:

Man did we get pounded with snow. There is no doubt we will have a white Xmas. My wife's parents are driving up from Florida. They may be sorrry. Ha. I just went through 4 feet of snow on my deck to fill the bird feeder and went out the hill to put food out for the squirrels. Freezing and so much snow I cant get my car in. Waiting for the plowman.

I think we will have a white Christmas as well here in the UK. There's lots of snow forecast for the end of week and it doesn't look as though it's going to shift. My partner and I were due to travel to my mum's on Christmas morning, I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it. :(

I think we will have a white Christmas as well here in the UK. There's lots of snow forecast for the end of week and it doesn't look as though it's going to shift. My partner and I were due to travel to my mum's on Christmas morning, I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it. :(

If there is one thing I really want right now, it is a white Christmas here in NZ and not a red Christmas (I'm using the word red to denote "extreme heat" :wacko:)

Magic, I do have a fan in the apartment but believe me, it is just pure torture going out everyday in the sun to get some exercise! :blink:

But I am getting myself a nice pair of shades this Christmas. It costs NZ $ 20 but hell, it's so worth it! B)

If there is one thing I really want right now, it is a white Christmas here in NZ and not a red Christmas (I'm using the word red to denote "extreme heat" :wacko:)

Magic, I do have a fan in the apartment but believe me, it is just pure torture going out everyday in the sun to get some exercise! :blink:

But I am getting myself a nice pair of shades this Christmas. It costs NZ $ 20 but hell, it's so worth it! B)

Good quality sunglasses are essential when out in the sun Kiwi. B) Drink plenty of water when out and about so you don't get dehydrated. But I know hot weather isn't fun, I'd much rather be coping with the cold weather.

Good quality sunglasses are essential when out in the sun Kiwi. B) Drink plenty of water when out and about so you don't get dehydrated. But I know hot weather isn't fun, I'd much rather be coping with the cold weather.

I truly wish I was in the UK right now! B) *Sigh

And yep! Everywhere I go, I carry my little plastic bottle full of water! That supply of water is pretty much what keeps me going! B)

AAAARRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Today was the hottest fuckin' day in Auckland!!!! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!!! The temperatures soared to 27°C! Why the fuck can't it rain here? I sure as hell could use some relief! I was sweating buckets!!! :angry:

thats really only like 80

if it was 37 c i could understand....must be cooler over there than i thought dry.gif

thats really only like 80

if it was 37 c i could understand....must be cooler over there than i thought dry.gif

It was 27°C but trust me, it sure felt like 35°C! dry.gif And it is not just me, all my friends and neighbours sure feel that way and trust me it ain't pretty! dry.gif Heat combined with severe humidity ain't a joke, you know? dry.gif

It was 27°C but trust me, it sure felt like 35°C! dry.gif And it is not just me, all my friends and neighbours sure feel that way and trust me it ain't pretty! dry.gif Heat combined with severe humidity ain't a joke, you know? dry.gif

You do need to take into account humidity. Some hot climates are bearable even when the temperatures are above 30C because it's a dry heat. New Zealand like the UK suffers from humidity being a small island, and it can very uncomfortable when it's humid.

• 1 month later...

Texas weather is always in flux. Two days ago we were 80F. Today it is 28F with snow on the way- there were already flurries at my daughter's ranch. We require large closets- clothing selections range from summer wear to heavy, well-lined leather from November until April.

Blizzard conditions here in Central IL! UGH! Office was closed today or tommorrow due to weather so least I don't have to get out in the stuff. Most everything is closed down or closing down and later tonight no one will be allowed to drive in the city besides emergency vehicles. I just hope I don't loose power. My lights have already started flickering. Forcast calls for up to 20 inches of snow. We had sleet/ice yesterday and this morning. Blowing and drifting snow too. Fun in the midwest!

Can't wait for Spring!

Blizzard conditions here in Central IL! UGH! Office was closed today or tommorrow due to weather so least I don't have to get out in the stuff. Most everything is closed down or closing down and later tonight no one will be allowed to drive in the city besides emergency vehicles. I just hope I don't loose power. My lights have already started flickering. Forcast calls for up to 20 inches of snow. We had sleet/ice yesterday and this morning. Blowing and drifting snow too. Fun in the midwest!

Can't wait for Spring!

Its headed here to upstate NY and the northeast. Already snowing out. We are expecting a foot overnight.

Archived