Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

The Weather Thread

I think we topped out at 78 or 79 here yesterday, which was a welcome respite from the heat indices over 100. It's only 65 degrees outside right now -- I forgot what that temperature feels like.

Yesterday's high was 110°F. At 12:15 am it has cooled to 96°F, which means that it is safe to venture outside of the air-conditioned zone.

Today's forecast is 108°F/81°F.

Edited by Silver Rider

FINALLY getting some rain around here! Summer weather pattern commence, please!

Currently the temperature is 103°F at 6:30 PM.

Today's high was 107°F, and the low was 79°F. Tomorrow morning's low is expected to be 77°F.

Expected heat index of 112F later this afternoon :veryhot: We have a swim meet tonight ... great for the kids; not so great for the spectators/volunteers though. Unless they let us jump in ... :shifty:

It's been quite cold around here...we finally got our first day that hit 100. Today. Usually, by July, we've seen several. It's been a weird summer.

No worries though. I was out in the yard throughout the hottest part of the day, digging in my garden.

We're still waiting for spring to arrive :lol:

Hot and muggy here all week. Upstate NY. I am lucky to have central air here. But still have to go out in it. I cant wait to go north. To the Islands and Cape Cod.

Going to be in the mid to upper 90s today here in SoCal. The roofers just arrived to start replacing the roof; I'd hate to have that job.

Im sure they will have a couple of cases of cold beer up there. I have never seen a roofer yet that doesnt like his beer.

The weather in my area currently:

Updated: 2 sec ago

partlycloudy.gif

86.1 °F / 30 °C

Partly Cloudy

Humidity: 78%

Dew Point: 78 °F / 25 °C

Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h

Wind Gust: 2.0 mph / 3 km/h

Pressure: 29.83 in / 1010.0 hPa (Steady)

Heat Index: 99 °F / 37 °C

Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

UV: 8 out of 16

Pollen: 3.60 out of 12

Clouds: Few 4000 ft / 1219 m (Above Ground Level)

Elevation: 809 ft / 246 m

Expecting heat indices of 110-115 today and tomorrow :veryhot:

Silver,

Oh gawd I hope not. We can't afford anymore repairs from this leaky old roof.:o

Today they started pounding at 7AM on the dot. Our neighbors are going to hate us.:slapface:

Cheers,

Brad

They are also working on their first case. Never seen a roofer yet that doesnt drink on the job. 100 plus degrees expected here today. The hottest day in 75 years.

High near 49C in Toronto today. Stay safe and hydrated everybody in the heat dome! :fan:

Hi Patrycja,

Over here in Greenwich its a high of 18C and probably with some rain so i cant do any work outside. :D

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Patrycja,

Over here in Greenwich its a high of 18C and probably with some rain so i cant do any work outside. :D

Kind Regards, Danny

Same here Danny and neither can I ;):D

Pat, that heat dome looks rather scary to me :o . Hope you and everyone else back east can find a way to cool down :unsure:

The weather here? HOT!! veryhot.gifThe kind of heat that makes you feel like the relatives of Lucifer. nuke.gif

The heat index here right now is 109°. It's supposed to be even hotter and even worse this weekend. Thank God for central air.

Summer here in the Pacific Northwest still hasn't gotten here and it's almost frikkin' August already.

This will be the SHORTEST summer I've experienced since I've been up here. <_<

A wicked scAW-ch-AH here in Massachusetts.

Perfection, if you ask me.

Hi Patrycja,

Kind Regards, Danny

Sounds perfect, Danny!

Same here Danny and neither can I ;):D

Pat, that heat dome looks rather scary to me :o . Hope you and everyone else back east can find a way to cool down :unsure:

Thanks, Ally :beer: Staying inside as much as possible. Whoever invented AC should be given a Nobel Prize. And if they've been awarded already, give it to them again. I just hope the extra strain on resources doesn't cause another brown out. That was something...