Jimmy Pages Telecaster

Voughtrazer

I have a couple of questions, regarding the sound of that beauty... Pages Telecaster; You see, in this video [

he plays the telecaster... but what i really want to know is if i can make my telecaster sound the same or almost the same as Jimmy's tele. also i really would like to know if there are pickups similar to jimmy's tele and which effects or configuration did he use while he played his telecaster.

• 4 weeks later...

Jimmy used a 1958 Telecaster(a gift from Jeff Beck) on the first Led Zeppelin album,for the Stairway to Heaven solo(through a Supro 1624T),and during his Yardbirds era.1958 models are extremely rare and wonderful guitars.It was ruined sometime in 1971 by an idiot who tried to paint it without Jimmy's permission.Also,Jimmy got a 1953 Telecaster in 1975 and painted in dark red/brown and used it on Presence,In Through The Out Door and with The Firm.In 1978 he removed the maple neck,and installed the rosewood neck from his 1958 Tele.You can get a 1952 reissue Telecaster to ''replicate'' his sound.Also he had a 1966 cream Telecaster,used on All my love,and the 1980 tour.As a Telecaster freak myself,i can tell you that in order to achieve his sound,you should reduce the brightness of the Tele's tone when overdriven,and a Marshall tube amp will do the job(pre 1970 reissue models are recommended)so you will get that crunchy tone.By the way,this is all the official info.I'm pretty sure that he used tele's on other albums to!Just listen closely!Hope this helped! :D

Archived