Countdown to Jimmy Page's book

hecube

He is talking about his different influences in the interview about III in the new Guitar World. This is what he says:

"In between the first and second leg of Zeppelin's 1977 tour, I decided to go to Cairo because I really wanted to hear the music down there. There's a great picture of me in the new book by the Sphinx. It's all part of my musical history."

Yes. I can't wait to see this picture! It makes me wonder what else is in there even more than before.

...It's on Page 168; very interesting and fascinating interview...I will scan soon...

P.S. the interview is more exciting than the "3-D" Gimmick, IMHO...

Edited by PlanetPage

^ It is worth getting, I can assure you. :D

Jimmy will also be in the new issue of The Word magazine. Does anyone one know what it is or if it is worth getting? This issue isn't in the States yet. There is a cartoon drawing of Bryan Ferry on the cover.

Edited by aen27

Anyone know if Jimmy will be doing any kind of promotional tour for his book (public appearances, talk shows etc)?

This picture was posted on facebook today. I have no idea where this person got this. It must been within the last couple of days. I also would be interested if Jimmy was doing some kind of promoting for this.

jimmywithhisbook.jpg

This picture was posted on facebook today. I have no idea where this person got this. It must been within the last couple of days. I also would be interested if Jimmy was doing some kind of promoting for this.

jimmywithhisbook.jpg

Book doesn't look as big as I thought it would...

Cincinnatti City Beat (Sept 14, 2010)

Houses of the...Holy Shit, That's Expensive!

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has had an amazing life, and — with his alleged experimentation with Satanism, drugs and baby-shark sex toys — his mysterious life story has never been fully told. So an autobiography from the Rock & Roll pioneer would probably be a hot commodity for fans of music lore. But will they pay close to $700 for it?

The book, due Sept. 27, is a "photographic autobiography" (which just sounds lazy to us) that is "leather and perspex-bound with its own silk and leather slipcase." And each copy of the limited-edition run of 2,500 will be autographed by Page. Those wanting something a little more informative and affordable might have to wait a while — Page says he wants his memoirs published posthumously. Presumably so he can make fun of all the people who spent $700 for his picture book without feeling too guilty about it.

http://www.citybeat....d-zeppelin.html

Edited by SteveAJones

I blew it up. It is shopped.

That's a relief. I was feeling a little disappointed. I want a really big book! :D

Just had a look on Genesis' website and it says: page size: 280mm x 330mm. Got my tape-measure out and compared to my other photographic books on Zep, it's pretty big! :)

Edited by Magic Fills the Air

Email from Genesis:

Hot off the press

We have just returned from Milan to review Jimmy Page's limited edition. This major publication is one of our biggest so, accordingly, we're using some of world's largest presses (printing at some of the highest levels of achievable detail - 120 l/cm). The paper is sourced from Lake Garda and not only is it acid-free and age-resistant, it's also environmentally FSC certified. The resulting pages are stunning. Once gathered, just across the city each new book is individually bound by five craftsmen dedicated solely to creating Jimmy Page's limited edition.

Five artisans, 2,500 rare books

Our traditionally skilled binders are committed to ensuring our vision that, even for those with an existing book collection from Genesis, each Jimmy Page book sets a new standard in Genesis fine book publishing. All those readers who pre-ordered before August 18th will receive finished books by Christmas. First copies will be despatched from the bindery by the end of October and all Deluxe pre-orders will be shipped during November.

Going, going ...

It is almost certain that by then this new limited edition will have sold out entirely. When this happens, Genesis will send a formal confirmation note. Further news on the edition's progress - from binding updates to first reader reviews - will be posted in the coming weeks with an online 'Notice Board' appearing for collectors to check in.

Thank you

We would like to thank all our collectors for their patience. Our craftsmen binders are passionate about the art of making books. We guarantee it will be worth the wait but understand if you're itching to see more. If you would like to receive more information about Genesis fine book binding, please let us know. And, as ever, for those offering books as gifts, please call or email for a free Gift Certificate to present to your recipient.

With warm regards from all at Genesis.

Email from Genesis:

Hot off the press

We have just returned from Milan to review Jimmy Page's limited edition. This major publication is one of our biggest so, accordingly, we're using some of world's largest presses (printing at some of the highest levels of achievable detail - 120 l/cm). The paper is sourced from Lake Garda and not only is it acid-free and age-resistant, it's also environmentally FSC certified. The resulting pages are stunning. Once gathered, just across the city each new book is individually bound by five craftsmen dedicated solely to creating Jimmy Page's limited edition.

Our traditionally skilled binders are committed to ensuring our vision that, even for those with an existing book collection from Genesis, each Jimmy Page book sets a new standard in Genesis fine book publishing. All those readers who pre-ordered before August 18th will receive finished books by Christmas. First copies will be despatched from the bindery by the end of October and all Deluxe pre-orders will be shipped during November.

Going, going ...

It is almost certain that by then this new limited edition will have sold out entirely. When this happens, Genesis will send a formal confirmation note. Further news on the edition's progress - from binding updates to first reader reviews - will be posted in the coming weeks with an online 'Notice Board' appearing for collectors to check in.

Thank you

We would like to thank all our collectors for their patience. Our craftsmen binders are passionate about the art of making books. We guarantee it will be worth the wait but understand if you're itching to see more. If you would like to receive more information about Genesis fine book binding, please let us know. And, as ever, for those offering books as gifts, please call or email for a free Gift Certificate to present to your recipient.

Wow, thanks for posting this, I haven't received this message yet. It's fascinating to read how the book is being made. But I'm a little disheartened to read that first copies will dispatched from the bindery at the end of October. They'll have to ship them to Genesis before they get shipped to us I presume? But they did say we'll definitely get our books before Christmas, and I'm holding them to that! As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait.

It's called Hopscotch! Genesis must be taking cues from the likes of Jimmy's new music announcement.

First July, late September, mid October now by Christmas! Ho, ho, ho !!!!!

So if any purchasers are late in their payments will Genesis be as forgiving as the patiently awaiting book fans?

It's a one way street and we know who's directing traffic. <_<

Email from Genesis:

Hot off the press

Going, going ...

Thank you

I also got the same email this morning. Patiently waiting.....