Greetings to all!

rlaude

Hello

Just found this forum, just great. I lived in Berkeley,Ca. between 1970 - 1984; mostly Fulten st. and College Ave. I had the opportunity to see some great acts. I moved there from Pittsburgh Pa. and before I left was able to catch Zep at the Civic arena on March 30th of '70. Still have the stub, but don't remember much about the show. I caught them next at the Berkeley Community theatre on Sept.14 1971 with my then girlfriend, also have both stubs and recently got the boot for that show. The other I remember was July23/24 1977 day on the green show. I remember waiting a long time for Zep to take the stage. That stub however I no longer have. I think I went on the 23rd, I generally went to the Sat. shows in general but don't know about this one......

I would like to upload the stubs I have as well as an ad I saved from the Sunday SF Examiner-chronicle for the '77 Zep show. I had shoved it and a Frampton ad

in a book and discoved them a few years back. (I need to take a pix)

Thanks for listening!

Randy Lauderbaugh

post-15568-057229800 1283294670_thumb.jppost-15568-076343500 1283294685_thumb.jp

• Administrators

Hello

Just found this forum, just great. I lived in Berkeley,Ca. between 1970 - 1984; mostly Fulten st. and College Ave. I had the opportunity to see some great acts. I moved there from Pittsburgh Pa. and before I left was able to catch Zep at the Civic arena on March 30th of '70. Still have the stub, but don't remember much about the show. I caught them next at the Berkeley Community theatre on Sept.14 1971 with my then girlfriend, also have both stubs and recently got the boot for that show. The other I remember was July23/24 1977 day on the green show. I remember waiting a long time for Zep to take the stage. That stub however I no longer have. I think I went on the 23rd, I generally went to the Sat. shows in general but don't know about this one......

I would like to upload the stubs I have as well as an ad I saved from the Sunday SF Examiner-chronicle for the '77 Zep show. I had shoved it and a Frampton ad

Thanks for listening!

Randy Lauderbaugh

post-15568-057229800 1283294670_thumb.jppost-15568-076343500 1283294685_thumb.jp

Welcome to the site Randy. Thanks for the scans. I'll add the Berkeley ticket to the concert Timeline section - never saw one from this gig before. Feel free to write up your concert memories on the Timeline pages for those shows:

http://ledzeppelin.c...w/march-30-1970

http://ledzeppelin.c...ptember-14-1971

http://ledzeppelin.c...ow/july-23-1977

Hello

Thanks for listening!

Randy Lauderbaugh

Welcome to the forum rlaude....isn't it sad that time fades those precious memories and all that is left is a ticket stub. I recently dug up all my ticket stubs to see which concerts I went to and when cuz the memory banks aren't what they used to be. At least you have a Zeppelin one. I never got to see them. Hopefully digging around these threads will stir up some memories in the grey cells. Have a good time here.

Thanks for the reply's all!

Here's the newspaper ad I mentioned in my post that was stuffed away.....

post-15568-000611300 1283357612_thumb.jp

I'm hoping touring the site will stir up some memories of the '70s shows I attended especially the July '77 Zep show in Oakland.

I recall where I was sitting with my friend Ben and the long wait for them to take the stage. I remember the stadium announcer

saying something about Zep had just arrived or were on their way; something to the effect it would be awhile before they took the stage....does any one remember this happening on the 23rd???

regards

Randy

Archived