RP & The BOJ - Bowery Ballroom, NY

Very depressed I couldn't get tickets. Hopefully, Robert will do more local shows soon near Philadelphia or Jersey. This one would have been amazing because whoever could get there really early could also get the chance to pretty much hang off the stage. To be THAT close to him. OMG. Come on Robert, come to the Borgata. Perfect time of the year!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first time online since this was announced. Looks like I missed that one.

Does anyone know how much tickets were? It's unlikely that some will open up but you never know.

All three times I saw RP with AK the show was announced as sold out but you could get tix at the

door so maybe I'll go on a wing and a prayer. Looks like Ebay is about 500/1000 per ticket still.

ALSO:

Is it a coincidence that Jason will be in town doing the Jets game the next night.

My first time online since this was announced. Looks like I missed that one.

Does anyone know how much tickets were? It's unlikely that some will open up but you never know.

All three times I saw RP with AK the show was announced as sold out but you could get tix at the

door so maybe I'll go on a wing and a prayer. Looks like Ebay is about 500/1000 per ticket still.

ALSO:

Is it a coincidence that Jason will be in town doing the Jets game the next night.

Robert is doing the Jimmy Fallon show the next day so assumably already planned he'd be in New York.

Robert is doing the Jimmy Fallon show the next day so assumably already planned he'd be in New York.

Ah. Hopefully he'll have time to check out jasons set or vica versa.

Maybe Robert will give American football a try, but then again it is a work-night. :)

Besides myself, anyone else here going to the show tonight?

I will be there with one of the girls from here. Robert's show doesn't start until 9 and there's a Max's Kansas City reunion about a 20 minute walk up at Otto's near Stuy town that starts around 5 so we are probably going to swing by there first.

I will be there with one of the girls from here. Robert's show doesn't start until 9 and there's a Max's Kansas City reunion about a 20 minute walk up at Otto's near Stuy town that starts around 5 so we are probably going to swing by there first.

Is this Otto's Shrunken Head on 14th Street?

http://www.ottosshrunkenhead.com/

Is 7:30 the earliest that we can pickup our tix at the Bowery box office?

Is this Otto's Shrunken Head on 14th Street?

http://www.ottosshrunkenhead.com/

Is 7:30 the earliest that we can pickup our tix at the Bowery box office?

Yes that's the one. Doors open at 7:30 but I have no idea if that's the earliest we can pickup our tix. I'm not too stressed about it because the Bowery is a small venue (less than 600) and we don't care about where we end up. If you want to be up front I think you'd want to get there early and line up.

Yes that's the one. Doors open at 7:30 but I have no idea if that's the earliest we can pickup our tix. I'm not too stressed about it because the Bowery is a small venue (less than 600) and we don't care about where we end up. If you want to be up front I think you'd want to get there early and line up.

The capacity at The Bowery is about 570, so any seat will be good. Not worried about it. As far as I know, once you get your tix, you have to enter The Bowery. I'm sure this is for scalping reasons.

The capacity at The Bowery is about 570, so any seat will be good. Not worried about it. As far as I know, once you get your tix, you have to enter The Bowery. I'm sure this is for scalping reasons.

There are no seats it's standing only. Thanks for the tip about the tix I didn't realize we'd have to enter right away.

Couldn't ell you, but since it's a full price ticket, I would think he'd do a compete show.

I hope he does a complete show. I'm not sure because he did a show minus the Zep tunes in London to showcase his new album. I guess we'll know tonight if he does the complete show or one with just new album tunes. I have a feeling that besides regular fans like us there will be a lot of people there connected in some way because there were people online saying they'd be there before tickets even went on sale. As a fan I feel lucky to have a ticket.

Edited to say: I need to run now but hope to see you tonight. It should be an interesting crowd. Lots of celebs in town for Fashion Week. I just read Ross Halfin's Diary and he's in town along with Ian Hunter.

Edited by OTHAFA_W8

I hope he does a complete show. I'm not sure because he did a show minus the Zep tunes in London to showcase his new album. I guess we'll know tonight if he does the complete show or one with just new album tunes. I have a feeling that besides regular fans like us there will be a lot of people there connected in some way because there were people online saying they'd be there before tickets even went on sale. As a fan I feel lucky to have a ticket.

I'm sure it will be a full set. The gig in London I don't think was meant to be a full on show - more a sneak peak to the lucky winners of the new album. There are always a certain number of tickets pulled ahead of time for industry - that's standard.

I'm sure it will be a full set. The gig in London I don't think was meant to be a full on show - more a sneak peak to the lucky winners of the new album. There are always a certain number of tickets pulled ahead of time for industry - that's standard.

Even more so with a smaller show (more demand and percentage wise more given to media etc.). In other, words leaving very few for the general public and that this a special show being in a small venue.

Are you going to the show tonight? PM me if you don't want to answer on the thread.

I was doing the same thing and got a ticket! I am so excited!

Anyway, I'll be there in a black and white plaid button-down and a rainbow scarf. If anyone who is going wants to meet up, PM me!

AMAZING I just checked the TIcketmaster website and there are tickets available for tonight!!! :D

Be quick. I just tried one ticket out of curiosity. Right now I'm locked in, but I'll release it in one minute! Hope someone is lucky!!!

Great show! Met and hung out with SuperDave from this site. VERY close to the stage. Loved every minute of it and not just because of Zeppelin or his vocals. Plant has brought this great tradition of old music back to me and future generations.

I get it that alot of people don't like what he's doing these days. But damn! It was SO good!

It's almost as if he is a living, breathing encyclopedia of roots. It speaks to my heart and soul!

The Band of Joy is aptly named as they were all truly having a great time playing an amazing show last night. I also hadn't been to the Bowery Ballroom in 8 years and forgot how small a venue it is. The last time I was there was in 2002 for a Patty Griffin show. Disclaimer: I'm a monster Patty Griffin fan so to see her and Plant together was a real treat. They played and fed off each other beautifully. And Buddy and Darrell... wow. Just a great, great show all around. I'm lucky to have seen it and I'm sure people here who saw it feel the same.

And now, as person who grew up in NYC listening to those Beatles, Stones, Zep, Who marathons on WPLJ, I can say I've heard their material sung by the originals. I was too young to ever see Zep with Bonham or The Who with Moon, but I've seen the Stones (w/Bill Wyman!), the Who, Paul, and now (incredibly enough from 10 feet away!) Robert Plant! Plus I saw Page a few years back with the Black Crowes. Another incredible show, I must say.

Such a great time was had by all! Truly sorry for those who couldn't make it, but around the Patty Griffin board (and here, too, I see) there are rumors of more shows in 2011. I'm looking forward to it if it happens. The way they looked and played last night, I more than think they'd be happy to do additional stateside shows.

And now I must do a bit of Patty preaching! For those who are unfamiliar, she is simply one of those artists who come along once in a generation. She's the rarity who can switch genres and make it sound great and believable. Rock, folk, country, blues, gospel, she writes, sings and plays it all with astonishing ease. And not for nothing, having seen her play about 35 times, I could tell she was having a blast singing with one of the most iconic lead singers of all time. Like I said, just a real treat for me.

Here are some quotes about Patty's work, so it doesn't look like I'm just blabbering!

"There comes a time when people are comforted by the music that accompanied their coming into their own. Unless you consciously try to expand that or you're aware that you have to work harder now you have to know you will have to use unusual means to uncover the beauties, like Patty Griffin, who is one of the finest songwriters. It's amazing to find someone that fully formed at this point in my life who's the embodiment of a lot of my ideals." - Jackson Browne

"I would go anywhere, anytime to hear Patty Griffin sing her extraordinary songs." - Emmylou Harris

"I can't think of a more beautiful singer and better songwriter alive today." - Dave Matthews

"I told Patty she was a genius. She said I was wrong...so...she's brilliant, okay?" -- Bruce Cockburn

"Patty Griffin is a true gift to music. She is an astonishing, breathtaking artist. She is what music should be." -- Julie Miller

"I suspect Patty Griffin's songs make most people a little uncomfortable -- like they've just walked in on a private moment in someone else's life and they know they should turn around and tip-toe away, but they can't. They make me jealous." -- Steve Earle

"Patty Griffin can do no wrong." -- Kasey Chambers

"I remember listening to Patty sing her song 'Mary' during a stunning solo performance one night. It made me cry and that's always the truest test for me. Her voice alone is enough to rave about and then there are the songs! It blows my mind that Patty's not already famous." -- Lucinda Williams.

Really, check her music out if you haven't. Here's a primer:

Edited by waitomo