Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
cheesehead1204

Best Led Zeppelin Song Over 10 Minutes

130 members have voted

1. 1. Best song over 10 minutes?

• In My Time Of Dying
    • Achilles Last Stand
    • Carouselambra

I think all 3 songs are awesome in their own ways. Each song kind of symbolizes different sides of their music:

In My Time Of Dying (Blues) Achilles' Last Stand (Epic Rock) Carouselambra (Synth/Progressive)

In deciding, for me its a tie between IMTOD and ALS (Carouselambra is great, just not quite as brilliant as the other 2)

I think IMTOD represents one of the ultimate GROUP efforts of Zeppelin and Achilles represents some of Page's most amazing work.

Tough to choose...

In My Time of Dying is one of my all-time favorite Zeppelin songs regardless of length, so it gets my vote easily.

Achilles is of course amazing, and recently I've come to really appreciate Carouselambra in its original intended context - as part of an album.

But IMTOD is the one for me.

Achilles is #1, with Carouselambra getting a close second. ALS has always been my 2nd favorite Zeppelin song (after Thank You).

I went for In My Time of Dying.

Tough to decide at first, but I have much more history with IMTOD and I think it best defines Zeppelin out of these three.

In My Time of Dying, I love it, I'm not a special fan of Achilles Last Stand, it's an amazing ong and also it's a weapon to hurt "antipagers".

"Meet me Jesus, Meet me in the middle of the air. If my Wings should fail me lord, please meet me with another pair."

How about that for a fukin' epic!!!!!

Carouselambra. The best on ITTOD, followed by Fool In The Rain.

Really? I'm Gonna Crawl is excellent!

A draw for me!

I can't pick between In My Time Of Dying & Achilles Last Stand - both are exceptional

all three songs would be in my top 15 zeppelin songs...I love all three but I have to give it to ALS. But the other two are amazing too.

Is anyone forgetting the live version of Moby Dick? Great stuff but it doesn't exactly compare considering it's a drum solo