vh1 top 100 greatest artists of all time

babyzoso

All these lists leave out the guys that basically created the music. You'll never Les Paul, Frank Sinatra, Hank Williams or Robert Johnson on these lists even though their influence is so large, people don't listen to them commercially like they do classic rock. But the influence of those and all the blues guys like Willie Dixon and Bo Diddley and others that are also off the list is larger than about 80% of that list.

If I were to create a list of most influential I'm not sure if Zeppelin would be in my top 5 because Hank Williams, Robert Johnson, Frank Sinatra, Beatles, Bob Dylan, and Elvis would be up there.

If I were to create a list of the Top Five most influential artists of All-Time, my list would be as follows, in chronological order:

1. Robert Johnson (King of the Delta Blues... the man that started it all. Way back in 1936 - 1937)

2. Elvis Presley (the King of Rock and Roll. Brought Rock & Roll to the forefront back in the 1950's)

3. the Beatles (early Rock & Roll and Pop pioneers. Were one of the first bands to write, record and perform their own songs)

4. Led Zeppelin (need I say anything? Influenced more hard Rock and Heavy Metal bands ever. Completely Dominated the whole decade of the 1970's)

5. Nirvana... (for their short span revolutionized music in the early 1990's and started (?) a new "grunge" movement)

That would be my list of Most Influential Artists.

No offense, however, I cannot think of too many artists that Frank Sinatra and Bob Dylan have influenced as much and as many as that I have mentioned above. I think that my top three have "influenced" dozens of more artists than who you say, Francis (Frank) and Robert (Bob). Obviously, my #4 (Led Zeppelin) have influenced more artists ever (in MY Opinion).

• 4 weeks later...

ok folks , i found this nice forum about the best band ever today and this is my first post , my top ten list of best bands are :

1 Led Zeppelin

2 Jimi Hendrix

3 The Beatles

4 Metallica

5 Pink Floyd

6 Rolling Stones

7Stevie Ray Vaughan

8 Robert Johnson

9 Miles Davis

10 Bob Dylan

and that was hard exept the first place , led zeppelin are definetley the kings , and hendrix ist a great artist of this century , his feeling and playing was sooo special , he is also a god in music , beatles was one of my first fabs at age of 12 i liked them so much and shureley metallica , im a big fan of them since i`ve saw them live in 92 (first row ;D!) and this power was unbelievable + they play so cool live , theyr first 4 records blown everything away in metal and hard rock , than Pink Floyd , i saw them 3 times live , 1 time at the 81" "the wall" tournee in originally line up , and two open airs , great band , rolling stones for theyr great records " sticky fingers" " exile on main st." and the cool sound they have , stevie ray vaughan as the coolest stratocaster player ever , robert johnson for "sweet home chicago" the most covered song in history (page and plant where big robert johnson fans ...the lemon song etc) , miles davis for his absolute genius , he turns the trumpet from a ordinary instrument into one of the coolest and most beautiful moments in music (kind of blue , a must have album !!) and Bob Dylan for his songwriting (like a rolling stone)

and im not only listening to 60 s 70s music , i always listening to all kinds of music , (i hate radios ;) i also like extreme metal like slipknot , cannibal corpse (genius in brutality , bad ass drummer and bass/guitars), slayers "reign in blood" , or Björk , Kate Bush (her song wouthering heights is brilliant ) , I like the old bruce springsteen records , or Sonic Youth as well , Nirvana Of course , "blood sugar sex magic" from Red hot chilli peppers is one of the best records of all time , but now they`re only pop , i dont like em , but this , and 2 other records of them are gjust great !

or (laugh) i m also an guitar player and i ve ordered the new Marshall AFD 100 guitar amplifier , who was designed in collaboration with Slash , and this amplifier thrilles me most in last times , i cant wait to put my hands on it because i m an real addictive to electric guitar sounds , the amps name AFD means Appetite For Destruction , its one of the best hard rock records of all time from Guns n Roses (just iv somebody dont know about slash and marshall etc LOL)

ok thats enough for my first post

greetz

Archived