Ask Jimmy Page One (1) Question...

lzzoso

I would like to know what happened to the live recording made at Southampton Uni on 22.01.73, with the Stones mobile studio? I was there!!

I apologize for going off topic, but I have to ask...anything you can share since you were there? :D

Welcome to the forum Woolfie!!

Of all the studio sessions you did back in the 1960's, I believe my favorite is one you did with Joe Cocker way before he bacame famous. Most Jimmy Page fans know you played guitar on the Beatles song "With a little help from my friends" with Joe, however my favorite was when you did the guitar part for "I'll Cry Instead" by the Beatles on Joe's 1964 version.

That was really soon after they released it. Were you a Beatle fan back then or was it just another session? Were you smitten and hyper-aware of the Beatle phenomenon at that time?

I'd bet that was one of the first, if not The First, cover of a Lennon-McCartney song by a rocker.

Tell me about the session and your thoughts of that song and The Beatles, please. :D

• 2 weeks later...

what zep song / solo do you personally like most ?

what new bands do you like or (i m a big metallica fan too) what do you mean about the first 4 metallica records:D, because he is growing up with this good old rock n roll...

i also would like to listen to much music togeter with jimmy <_<

can you show me some good riffs that never been released ?:slapface:

do you still like good weed ? :rolleyes:

if you start your live new , would you change anything with led zeppelin ? ( i hope no , because to me , they`re the perfect rock band ) or other things with your music ?

Jimmy , if you come to "heaven" ( lol ) what would you say to john (bonham) ?

and i would say to him that it makes me sometimes angry , that i never saw a zep concert back in the 70s :(

i would ask him to play some tunes or improvise a little bit on the guitar (< stratocaster player , but in 1or two years i will buy a original gibson les paul with page like pickups and stuff<_<)

jimmy page for ever !

I wouldn't ask him a question, but rather thank him for not selling Zeppelin out; not going commerical....that and for avoiding the 80's mullet look Robert fell in to! lol. Love you Jimmy!

They sold songs to Cadillac, something I thought Led Zeppelin would never do.

This is not at all meant to be a disrespectful, shit-stirring question, and I haven't returned to this board long enough to know if this is one of those taboo topics, but I'm curious...

Did you ever get any of that witchery to work? :huh: I mean, I've never dipped into it myself, but I imagine it's hard to turn someone into a frog without at least resorting to Voodoo, Santeria, Obeah, or something like that; so I'm not talking about incredible, super-warlock kinda tricks. Did your house ever get haunted? I've heard your house can get haunted if you do stuff like that. Did you ever feel like you made any progress in that field? Did you ever feel like, "Crap, this is working!" or do you look back at it and think, "Man. Waste of time?"

Whichever way it goes, you don't need magic and wizardry to play the guitar, so it really don't matter. :thumbsup: You stay sexy, Mr. Page.

EDIT:

They sold songs to Cadillac, something I thought Led Zeppelin would never do.

And I almost bought a Cadillac! :o

Edited by Kayte

I would say Jimmy, Robert is working with everyone but you, John Paul is working with Crooked Vultures. You've tried other singers and not been happy with the outcome. I think we would really mesh musically, why don't you work with me on new stuff for 2011 and let's live while were alive and show everyone that there's plenty more where "THAT" came from.

I can sing Zeppelin, I can write, I can record and mix and produce. Why not! Plus Im doing nothing right now! I know people would say why go with someone unknown, but there is a great mystery in the unknown!

Feel free to reply and let me know your opinion... be it good or bad or really ugly...I can take it...

I've created my own Led Zeppelin Experience hoping maybe Jimmy would come across it whilst browsing...

Robin Gibson's Led Zeppelin Experience

www.myspace.com/robingibsonmusic

www.youtube.com/u2ubie

Ready, Willing and Able what more could you want? Plus I can keep a secret!:slapface:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought that I would propose this question. Most of this is hypothetical (however, I am sure that some people have actually met Jimmy), what would be the one question You would ask Jimmy Page if You had the very fortunate chance to meet him? I realize that this is a very hard question to answer (and ask). It could be any question about Led Zeppelin or Related or UnRelated.

Believe it or not, the question I would ask Jimmy Page is: Have you ever met Robert De Niro or Al Pacino or any other famous Hollywood actors (or actresses) and what do you think of their movies or talents as great and accomplished actors?

The reason I would ask Jimmy this question about Mr. De Niro or Mr. Pacino is because I personally hold them in the same League as Jimmy Page when it comes to being the Greatest and Best at what they do for a living. I am sure there are hundreds of other Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin fans throughout the world who would completely agree with this statement.

So, if You happen to meet the Master, what would be the first question that You would ask HIM?

How did you come up with the "Heartbreaker" riff?

• 3 weeks later...

I thought that I would propose this question. Most of this is hypothetical (however, I am sure that some people have actually met Jimmy), what would be the one question You would ask Jimmy Page if You had the very fortunate chance to meet him? I realize that this is a very hard question to answer (and ask). It could be any question about Led Zeppelin or Related or UnRelated.

Believe it or not, the question I would ask Jimmy Page is: Have you ever met Robert De Niro or Al Pacino or any other famous Hollywood actors (or actresses) and what do you think of their movies or talents as great and accomplished actors?

The reason I would ask Jimmy this question about Mr. De Niro or Mr. Pacino is because I personally hold them in the same League as Jimmy Page when it comes to being the Greatest and Best at what they do for a living. I am sure there are hundreds of other Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin fans throughout the world who would completely agree with this statement.

So, if You happen to meet the Master, what would be the first question that You would ask HIM?

I still have not had the great fortune of meeting Mr. Jimmy Page and asking him my one question of him ever meeting Mr. Robert De Niro or Mr. Al Pacino. However, I did come across something interesting (to me). Of course I have no idea if this is exactly true or not but on page 170 of the new Stephen Davis book, "LZ-75", it states that Jimmy Page and Joe Walsh were having dinner at Dar Maghreb, a Moroccan restuarant in Hollywood. According to the book Michelle Phillips was there with some people as were members of Foghat. Also there was Robbie Robertson and Martin Scorsese. I am sure most of you know who Martin Scorsese is. In my opinion, the best director and the greatest at what he does for a living, directing great and classic movies.

My point is: If you do know who Marty Scorsese is than you must know that Marty and Bobby De Niro are the best of friends (then and now) and collaboraters on eight great films. Now, if this account in the book is true, Jimmy was in the same restuarant at the same time as Martin Scorsese sometime in early 1975. Whether Jimmy knew at that time who Marty is and was, I have no idea. Same goes for Marty. Or if they did know who each other was, I (again) have no idea if they acknowledged, talked or met one another that night. That would be another question I will ask Jimmy when I do finally get to meet him.

By the way, it was around this time in 1975 that Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro were filming or had already filmed their classic 1976 movie, "Taxi Driver", thus the reason for this reply. Lastly, I would like to think that both Marty and Bobby attended (and possibly went backstage) to one of Led Zeppelin's concerts they played in March of 1975 in Los Angeles, California.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I would ask him what M. C. Escher did he buy.

Or what is his favorite airport.

Maybe I would ask if his children's music annoys him or not.

Or does his wife make Latin cuisine.

Maybe I would ask if he likes Monarch of the Glen, the T.V. show. Or what does he think of T. V. commercials that are louder than the programs they are interrupting.

Or I would ask him why doesn't he do an instrumental guitar album. I think people would go mad for it. I would buy it.

I guess I would ask him what M. C. Escher did he buy.

Or what is his favorite airport.

Maybe I would ask if his children's music annoys him or not.

Or does his wife make Latin cuisine.

Maybe I would ask if he likes Monarch of the Glen, the T.V. show. Or what does he think of T. V. commercials that are louder than the programs they are interrupting.

Or I would ask him why doesn't he do an instrumental guitar album. I think people would go mad for it. I would buy it.

Way to keep it to one question.