Ask Jimmy Page One (1) Question...

lzzoso

In another topic we asked in a fair way about answeres.-Look at that too!! No reply! You won´t tell me Jimmy is not reading the posts of his own forum?

If so and even his administraters in here are not willing or able to give us the answeres, than it is no wonder that people get angry.

OK he is our master-no doubt about this!But he really keeps us waiting.WHY???????Not any f. easy explaination ! How many of his admires died in the meantime without

any new cosmic inspiration scince ALS ? Jimmy got this devine talent.From my point of view it is his part to share it with his fans.

If he is sick he should tell this to his followers.Apart from that with the modern techn. it is no problem for him to get any (!) music together even with riffs he played ages ago !!

Maybe he wants to live and play in the presence.Maybe he fears a bad feedback of the listeners.( I still would die for him, but his pastzeppelin stuff is not incredible!).Lot of "Maybe"s.

What mojo wrote is not an insult. You also would say that to a friend ?

Jimmy often said and showed that he is a Rocker.So I guess he can take that.

I am not the one to tell Jimmy what to do but as far as I can tell he never wanted to have a blind followship.

So this words are just ment as an explaination of the fans being disappointed and a bit of an inviting for him to rise again .

That´s right!

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't "hypothetical" the key word here? It's not like these questions are actually being posed to Jimmy Page. Given that, it's pretty much an exercise in futility.

You are somewhat correct. "Hypothetical" is the key word. And you are somewhat correct (again), these questions are not actually being posed to Jimmy Page directly, however, I do believe somewhere down the line that someone associated with Mr. Page is reading some of these topics about Led Zeppelin and/or Jimmy Page and may be passing some of this on to Jimmy Page and his "handlers" to read and/or contemplate. If I am not mistaken, this is the "Official" Led Zeppelon website.

I am also very proud to say that My topic in this Master Forum "Led Zeppelin or Related on You Tube" has had over 1,050 replies and 30,206 views. I consider that a very considerable "milestone" and I am very proud that I was able to start a thread that all of us Led Zeppelin fans could see and hear and share songs about Led Zeppelin or Related that otherwise might have been rarely heard or seen or shared before.

I met Jimmy at the Peppermill Lounge in Reno in 81 or 82.

It's possible (he was in CA from Dec 81 - Jan 82) but this fits so much better within '91-'92 whilst collaborating with David Coverdale near Lake Tahoe. I know they went to Reno on occasion, together and separately. If you should see this post perhaps you will reply.

Edited by SteveAJones

You are somewhat correct. "Hypothetical" is the key word. And you are somewhat correct (again), these questions are not actually being posed to Jimmy Page directly, however, I do believe somewhere down the line that someone associated with Mr. Page is reading some of these topics about Led Zeppelin and/or Jimmy Page and may be passing some of this on to Jimmy Page and his "handlers" to read and/or contemplate. If I am not mistaken, this is the "Official" Led Zeppelon website.

It was an unofficial website for much longer than it's been an official one, neither one guarantees Page (or any of the other surviving members) or their friends read either one or that they'll pass the info on to him.

I am also very proud to say that My topic in this Master Forum "Led Zeppelin or Related on You Tube" has had over 1,050 replies and 30,206 views. I consider that a very considerable "milestone" and I am very proud that I was able to start a thread that all of us Led Zeppelin fans could see and hear and share songs about Led Zeppelin or Related that otherwise might have been rarely heard or seen or shared before.

Careful patting yourself on the back there, you may end up with a hernia just like your good friend Mr. Charlie Sheen.

• 5 months later...

I thought I might resurrect this topic to see if any of the newer members might like to reply to this purely "hypothetical" topic. I started this topic because I wanted the people who would reply to actually think long and hard about what question they would ask Jimmy Page if any of us had/got the chance to meet Mr. Page. Especially now that Jimmy Page's official website is now up and running and doing very well.

Edited by lzzoso

I thought I might resurrect this topic to see if any of the newer members might like to reply to this purely "hypothetical" topic. I started this topic because I wanted the people who would reply to actually think long and hard about what question they would ask Jimmy Page if any of us had/got the chance to meet Mr. Page. Especially now that Jimmy Page's official website is now up and running and doing very well.

Quite frankly the website, outside of the daily it happened on this day / historical flashback piece, has been quite the disappointment. There is virtually nothing to hold your interest and the photos are not only limited, but of horrible quality and you can't even save them. Oh, don't get me started. It's just a huge disappointment.

I'd ask why he just didn't credit and pay Willie Dixon, Randy California and most of all Jake Holmes when you should have in the first place.

Bad form Jimmy. You're brilliant but you should have done the right thing without being sued to do so.

I was watching that old bit of footage of him being interviewed in the Yardbirds, and he was asked about how he spends his money, and he responded that he spent it on professional film equipment having been influenced by Antonioni's Blow Up . I would like to know about his forays into film-making. Does any of it still exist?

I'd ask him if he has ever explored American Indian music in depth. It seems to be the only type of music that they didn't explore.

I thought that I would propose this question. Most of this is hypothetical (however, I am sure that some people have actually met Jimmy), what would be the one question You would ask Jimmy Page if You had the very fortunate chance to meet him? I realize that this is a very hard question to answer (and ask). It could be any question about Led Zeppelin or Related or UnRelated.

Believe it or not, the question I would ask Jimmy Page is: Have you ever met Robert De Niro or Al Pacino or any other famous Hollywood actors (or actresses) and what do you think of their movies or talents as great and accomplished actors?

The reason I would ask Jimmy this question about Mr. De Niro or Mr. Pacino is because I personally hold them in the same League as Jimmy Page when it comes to being the Greatest and Best at what they do for a living. I am sure there are hundreds of other Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin fans throughout the world who would completely agree with this statement.

So, if You happen to meet the Master, what would be the first question that You would ask HIM?

• 4 months later...

I'm just watching TSRTS on Blu-Ray. It's the closest I'll ever get to watching Zep live. Given that no-one was really happy with the way the film turned out, my question would be:

Looking back, how would you have done the whole project differently?

In the book "When Giants Walked The Earth" it's suggested that both Directors had trouble getting the band interested in the project and getting access when they needed it. Jimmy must look back now and regret this, as we've ended up with a document that is both enthralling and badly flawed at the same time. Given that Jimmy has always been a perfectionist and control freak it seems strange that he just handed over the creative helm to someone else. The Blu-Ray goes some way to improving the film by including the missing songs and the re-mastered sound track. I'd just be interested to hear how Jimmy envisioned this project in his head when it was first conceived. I'm sure he must have had some firm ideas at one time.