Rory Gallagher

eightiesbaby80

• 1 month later...
"Rory had that uncanny knack of being able to put his own stamp on songs. He was most impressed by the Canned Heat version. I remember him buying the record of that in Bangor, Co Down, in ’67. He’d liked the song for a long time and in fact Canned Heat tried to get Rory to replace Al Wilson when he died. The message never got through to Rory. I suspect it was suppressed by [Taste manager] Eddie Kennedy at the time. We found out years later.

Taste and Canned Heat had done a run of dates together and Rory and Al Wilson and the rest of Canned Heat - they got on so well together, and they admired each other" - Donal Gallagher.

http://youtu.be/iOqJxBfI8pE

I was lucky to have seen Rory Gallager live about 5 or 6 times in the 70s. Always put on a great show. The setlists were different every show. And he was incredibly appreciative of the audience all the time. Even if he happened to play the same song at more than 1 show, his solos and the arrangements were usually different anyway, kept things interesting. Instead of the many bands that play the same set list and same solos night after night.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...