Danelectro DC 59 Modified Spec

AchillesFault

I just bought a new Danelectro DC 59 Modified Spec with the better bridge and tuners that most closely represents Jimmy Page's guitar. I love this guitar! Tuned it up to DADGAD and boom! Instant Kashmir. I know that Danelectro has already discontinued this model but get it now if you can. To play this guitar in that tuning is just magical and really opens up something out of the box within my own playing.

I just bought a new Danelectro DC 59 Modified Spec with the better bridge and tuners that most closely represents Jimmy Page's guitar. I love this guitar! Tuned it up to DADGAD and boom! Instant Kashmir. I know that Danelectro has already discontinued this model but get it now if you can. To play this guitar in that tuning is just magical and really opens up something out of the box within my own playing.

Got the same guitar earlier this year. Same tuning as well. All I can say is "love it, love it, love it!"

And even better than Kashmir for me anyway, is playing the intro to "In My Time Of Dying"

Got the same guitar earlier this year. Same tuning as well. All I can say is "love it, love it, love it!"

And even better than Kashmir for me anyway, is playing the intro to "In My Time Of Dying"

I have to learn how to play that song next! Right now in addition to being addicted to playing Kashmir, I am learning Black Mountain Side on my own. It is tricky but I have to learn it just to keep up my never ending quest to learn Zeppelin songs as part of my guitar vocabulary.

I have to learn how to play that song next! Right now in addition to being addicted to playing Kashmir, I am learning Black Mountain Side on my own. It is tricky but I have to learn it just to keep up my never ending quest to learn Zeppelin songs as part of my guitar vocabulary.

Good luck with BMS :D

You really have to grab a bottleneck and stretch that Dano out.

Crank that amp up and let it rip. You'll be amazed how great it sounds.

Good luck with BMS :D

You really have to grab a bottleneck and stretch that Dano out.

Crank that amp up and let it rip. You'll be amazed how great it sounds.

Oh yeah it has the most amazing clean tone I have ever heard. When I play Kashmir, I also use my MXR classic Overdrive I bought from GuitarCenter to give it a slight amount of grit to nail that sound on record. I also add some of my MXR Van Halen phaser turned slow for the bridge and coda to give it a cool spin. And I sometimes add a little echo from my Danelectro REELecho pedal for some simulated echoplex sounds that blow me away.

Archived