Do you think Led Zeppelin will ever reunite?

Dazedandconfused7

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Led Zeppelin will ever reunite and maybe go on tour?

• Yes
    • No

It is obvious he's not tired of the Zeppelin songs other than Stairway as he has sang them, sampled them, wrapped a new genre' around them.

Just to clarify, "Americana" (or whatever you chose to call it) is hardly a new genre. It has it's roots in what is commonly referred to as "ol' timey" music which can be traced back to the 1800's. This works particularly well on some songs, especially the Band of Joy's version of "Gallows Pole".

Just to clarify, "Americana" (or whatever you chose to call it) is hardly a new genre. It has it's roots in what is commonly referred to as "ol' timey" music which can be traced back to the 1800's. This works particularly well on some songs, especially the Band of Joy's version of "Gallows Pole".

That really wasn't my point but okay, I don't think I referred to the genre' in particulair. Gallows Pole was originally of the "genre'" in which the Band Of Joy preformed it. It was an old "folk" song, I beleive of European origin. However "Black Dog' was/is not.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sadly, I think the O2 show will be their last. I can't think of any other situation that would get them to reunite for a "one off" gig. I thought maybe the Japanese tsunami tragedy might do it, but not even that! Olympics in London? Nah! If Peter Grant had a charity he was found of, maybe.....but they would have done that by now. But I think they wanted to see if they could reunite and get it right JUST ONCE since 1980 and I think the O2 gig did that for them. I think they will close that chapter of their careers.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I couldn't get a ticket for the 2007 reunion - did it live up to expectations?

There's a whole subforum of this board devoted to the concert at the 02, I'm sure you'll find many opinions of what folks thought of their performance there.

Only Robert can properly sing Led Zeppelin songs, and since Robert has moved on, then there's no point for the others to go there.

Ans even with Robert, they will never eclipse what they accomplished with John Bonham; as Jason, as good as he is, is just not as good as his father --- no one is.

• 4 months later...

TBH Joe, I also say / voted 'no'. Just (as you probably noticed in another thread) our reasons are different ;)

But I do suspect the OP (back in 2010...) would have considered further shows by the Jimmy, Robert, John Paul and Jason band to constitute a 'yes'.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Celebration Day. You planning on going at all? :popcorn2:

nope-would love to see it, but don't see it happening.

Expectations and pressure would be soooo high, and as mentioned earlier-no Bonzo to complete the set. I think 02 was a test, it showed they "still got it", but how often could they keep performing at that level, I think that's why Plant said no. It worked, let's leave it at that. Sure Jason was amazing, but he's not Bonzo-he'll tell you that. A tour without Plant, saw how that went, the fans spoke out against it and it never happened. New material would be great, but it would never measure up to past accomplishments, and perhaps that's why nothing's been attempted. I have to agree with Robert here-"let this stand as part of the Led Zeppelin legacy, and leave it at that."

nope-would love to see it, but don't see it happening.

Expectations and pressure would be soooo high, and as mentioned earlier-no Bonzo to complete the set. I think 02 was a test, it showed they "still got it", but how often could they keep performing at that level, I think that's why Plant said no. It worked, let's leave it at that. Sure Jason was amazing, but he's not Bonzo-he'll tell you that. A tour without Plant, saw how that went, the fans spoke out against it and it never happened. New material would be great, but it would never measure up to past accomplishments, and perhaps that's why nothing's been attempted. I have to agree with Robert here-"let this stand as part of the Led Zeppelin legacy, and leave it at that."

Well said. B)

• 3 weeks later...

My heart says 'yes, yes, yes!' My head say 'no.' As mentioned by others, Percy's not into it. Yeah, maybe a one-off here or there, but nothing else. I saw Robert & Jimmy together in '98 on the 'Walking Into Clarksdale' Tour and that concert consisted almost completely of Zeppelin numbers. Awesome show, as you would expect. But it wasn't Zeppelin minus two. It was Page & Plant. Nothing more, nothing less. I've seen Robert Plant twice since then: once with Allison Krauss, once with the Band of Joy, both very respectable shows.

Bottom line: For us poor souls that missed the magic because we were too young or the stars didn't line up to convey us to a show back in the old days, and it's been over 30 years, people, the one-offs are going to have to suffice. One caveat: if there's anybody who can play the "you-think-I'll-do-this-but-in-reality-I'm-going-to-do-that" game well, it's Jimmy Page. Another one-off could be the by-product of the release of Celebration Day. A tour? Highly doubtful but not impossible. Personally, I give it one chance in 10.

It is my understanding that Led Zeppelin has never disbanded or un-united... their words are "...we cannot continue as we were..." edged upon the context of respect for a bandmate and his family.

Any of the three can pick up the phone at any moment and convene a band meeting as they have on numerous occasions, some we are privy to others none of our business obviously. They will in the future. Unfinished business for LZ exists- a portion was buttoned up at the O2 and with the release of Celebration Day insofar as making accessible to many what it is that LZ is all about, not just a hearsay reputation and boots. The riff based LP on Jimmy's heart after ITTOD. You know at some point Robert will feel a tug on his heart and when the timing is right- he will be all in.

This is far, far away from a tour and the beast of unmanageable expectations. Maybe another April morning, "...how could we say no...?" LZ did a wonderful thing in playing for Ahmet and those who counted on him. Until I saw Celebration Day, in my heart I counted them as less than. I could not have been more incorrect.

One of the moments only a few people have mentioned is NOBODY'S FAULT BUT MINE. On the O2 bootlegs I undervalued the results. Precision is one thing, talent & gifting is one thing- LZ was thru the stratosphere on NBFBM beyond all of the above.

That song is fraught with nuance and savvy. Nailed it. Loved how close they were drawn together. Nice set up for No Quarter and the flow continued throughout.

I'm going to get some flak around here: I have no interest in seeing them live if they reunite. I'm looking for one last studio album. I want 70 minutes of "shades of light and dark" with mystical lyrics, something that transports me somewhere, like the other studio albums do in a way the live albums don't. I love live, but when I sit down with LZ at home I usually put on studio songs.

Then it should happen soon. I dont want to be the black crow but they are in their late 60's, year or two and they are in their 70's.We see people of that generation leaving us on daily basis...knock on wood. Thats why Page is finally getting everything together and JPJ is doing opera,Seasick Steve,TCV and Supersilent all simultaneously and Plant is doing bluegrass stuff.

Archived