LZ feature on BIOGRAPHY

blaize76

Hey, i finally logged on.....after years. There is no web site that dominates my laptop like this one. Its great to be here!

Anyway- in the NY area they had on BIOGRAPHY and featured Zep. When i first saw it i knew it would be a stretch for the network and show since you have better chances of getting Bigfoot footage than real good Zep footage. To my surprise they had some concert footage i've never seen. They used Chicago 75- LA 75-( which i've seen) and some other 75 stuff i've never seen.

Again, they featured each member with mocked up re-enacted footage, some interviews with past band members, and rushed info pieces for each member. It was ok to the average fan but again, suprised by footage.

Any one see it. Or is it old?

Hey, i finally logged on.....after years. There is no web site that dominates my laptop like this one. Its great to be here!

Anyway- in the NY area they had on BIOGRAPHY and featured Zep. When i first saw it i knew it would be a stretch for the network and show since you have better chances of getting Bigfoot footage than real good Zep footage. To my surprise they had some concert footage i've never seen. They used Chicago 75- LA 75-( which i've seen) and some other 75 stuff i've never seen.

Again, they featured each member with mocked up re-enacted footage, some interviews with past band members, and rushed info pieces for each member. It was ok to the average fan but again, suprised by footage.

Any one see it. Or is it old?

Hi blaize76.

Welcome to the jungle!

I saw the show last night.

It has been aired several times before. Good bio of the band for those who are not familiar with them. Nothing new revealed for die-hard fans.

Biography channel had a good bio on Jimi Hendrix tonight. The narrator read letters and memoirs written by Jimi, telling Jimi's story in the first person, in his own words, as if Jimi was speaking.

Yeah, saw it recently and liked seeng some footage I never saw before (concert footage not from TSRTS & DVD, Jimmy going up the plane steps wearing the moon and stars suit & turning to smile at the camera, Robert wearing a long bulky fur coat & also in a dressing room shirtless). Too bad they haven't updated it to include the O2 show.

OT- Buckeye Doc I also watched the Hendrix biography & thought they did an excellent job with it. That was funk singer Bootsy Collins (Parliament Funkadelic) doing the narration.

• Administrators

Would be great if anyone knows where we can watch this online?

Would absolutely love to see this

It's available here, from a European broadcast.

http://www.veoh.com/...84610862azJ9ydj

You'll need to install the Veoh plugin to view the complete video.

It's not very good though. The various VH1 & MuchMusic specials are far better. This was originally supposed to be a Jimmy Page bio, then it changed to Zep at the last minute and was quickly put together, with errors and repetition of content. I gave them most of the "rare" clips and some photos to use.

I would really like to catch this. I remember back in the seventies being such a huge fan of Led Zeppelin and am til this day, how they always seemed to remain so mysterious. Especially compared to other super groups like the Rolling Stones and the Beatles, who were never reluctant to put their faces on magazine covers and be in the spotlight. Led Zeppelin avoided that spotlight and I have to believe that as huge as they have always been it was clearly deliberate. They just wanted no part of it. To this day I know so little of their private lives. Other than tragedies that were announced to the world. I dont know how they managed to be so evasive? To this day. Robert Plant has made the choice to leave that world now it seems. But not Jimmy. To me Jimmy Page is just one of those rare artists that come around every thousand years or so. He is as mysterious in ways as he is great. There will never be another Led Zeppelin or Jimmy Page.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

That documentary from Biography channel is pretty horrid. Ive seen bits and pieces of it and never really made it more than 5 min. VH1 did a Led Zeppelin "Legends" 15 years ago. It was really good. It was narrated by Steven Tyler. I titled it "Ledgends" on my VHS tape from back than.

its in 5 parts.

Archived