RP Toronto Interviews - Scheduled Air Dates

sam_webmaster

I can't access George's interview because I'm outside of Canada?? Can anyone elaborate and PLEASE tell the "punch line" I'm dying here????

Hi A:

"Punch line" is my description of something humourous that Robert said...I'm still blushing..it's regarding George's question about tribute bands...

J :bagoverhead:

plant2_440601s.jpg

Yes, you may know him as the haunting, howling voice of seminal rock band Led Zeppelin...

Songs like Stairway to Heaven and Whole Lotta Love made the band into rock and roll legends...with Robert Plant as the defining voice for the rock singers who followed him.

But Robert Plant is a musician who constantly draws attention away from his legendary status as a God of Rock...by keeping on the move, creatively...seeking out and playing dynamic music that references past and present...

He collected five Grammys in 2009 for Raising Sand - his Appalachia-inspired collaboration with bluegrass-country singer Alison Krauss.

And now once again music critics are abuzz with Grammy talk for Robert Plant's gorgeously inspired collection of rockabilly, country, gospel, and soul called, Band of Joy.

It's a journey into Robert Plant's own playlist...as well as a return to his musical roots.

Today he joined Jian in Studio Q. Take a listen to the Robert Plant: The Q UNCUT Interview:

http://www.cbc.ca/q/blog/2010/09/30/robert-plant-the-q-uncut-interview/

• 2 weeks later...

Work right across the street from the CBC building and didn't know Robert was there. Got home when my wife e-mailed me telling me that he was there.

Yes we are still married

Too bad you didn't found out earlier.

I watched that entire interview and it was a really, really great one. The interviewer really did his homework and didn't ask the same ole, same ole. As far as him dissing Black Sabbath, I think he was kidding around. I do know that Ozzie considers Robert to be the greatest singer in the world. Unless Robert had some bad run-ins with the rest of that group, I can't imagine he'd be seriously insulting them.

Thanks for posting that interview shawn. Watched the whole thing, all 35+ minutes. It was probably the best interview I've seen with Robert. The interviewer definitely did his homework and wanted to know about his whole life musically and the influences that make him who he is today. It was very enlightening. You were able to get a little glimpse about what makes him tick. Again, thank you shawn.

Don't know about him dissing Black Sabbath. It was such an in depth interview, that the Black Sabbath comments were hardly anything to really take notice of, I think it was just some of Robert's playful ribbing.

Don't know about him dissing Black Sabbath. It was such an in depth interview, that the Black Sabbath comments were hardly anything to really take notice of, I think it was just some of Robert's playful ribbing.

He could talk for five hours straight revealing all the secrets of the Zeppelin universe plus every aspect of his solo career, and the only thing some people would pick up on would be a slightly ambiguous throwaway statement at the 3.31 point possibly dissing Jimmy's socks. ;)

Robert and Bonzo have been friends with the Sabbaths since their youth and they have always joked about each other.

Yep, think it's called taking the piss :o

Archived