the new forum

Kith Kannan

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't think it's possible to save them, as the only options you have for moving them is either to the "sent items" folder or to delete them. That's what the boxes are for; to select the PMs you want to move.

If you want to keep the PM, just don't delete it. Either that or copy/paste the PMs into a Word document so you can keep them and delete them from your Inbox.

Well, when I write a message, there's a box underneath to be checked that says "add a copy of message to your sent items folder." And all the messages I've sent aren't in that folder, because I didn't check them. That's what I meant by saving them, keeping them in "sent items." Otherwise there's no record of them, unless I check the box every time--or so it seems. :huh:

Sorry I didn't read your other post first--I meant saving the PMs I send, not the ones I receive.

Well, when I write a message, there's a box underneath to be checked that says "add a copy of message to your sent items folder." And all the messages I've sent aren't in that folder, because I didn't check them. That's what I meant by saving them, keeping them in "sent items." Otherwise there's no record of them, unless I check the box every time--or so it seems. :huh:

You have to click that box each time you compose a message or else the message won't get saved.

I actually really like it so far. I do miss the text above and below the avatar, but what can you do? Other than that and the limited smilies, I don't have anything bad to say about the new board, personally. :)

You have to click that box each time you compose a message or else the message won't get saved.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

On the other board, you could make that your preference and not have to do it every time, so I was wondering if there was a way to do that here and I just hadn't found it.

what do you all think of it?

personally, I like the layout and look of the old one more. Plus its a pain whenever I have to re-register and I lose my post count etc...

I'm sure I will get used to this one though. I hope we don't going to lose to many members in the transition. :ph34r::hippy:

Did you change your name from the old forum? I don't recall seeing you there. If I just haven't met you, :wave: .

Your computers memory was holding it in cache files. Next time try hitting reload :blink:

Rolls>>>

Might be. I got absoluely no idea of all that stuff! :D

It was just weird how the new one showed up in my controls and when I made my next post I got the old one. Those comps are evil.... ^_^

Here's the blowing kisses smiley: 7164909_s.gif

The drool smiley:

droolyi4.gif

The cheesy smiley (I think this is it):

grinwk0.gif

Slap-face smiley:

slapface.gif

Just save those to your hard drive and upload them to imageshack and put them between the IMG tags if you want to use them. I'll find some other smilies I know people have said they've been missing.

Nah, that's not it... that's ";D"

Hehe...

The cheesy one was another little diddy one like that but it had an open mouth and little turned up happy eyes.

It's still there on the old board, so you could do what Elizabeth said to save and use it, but it was a lot easier when those really handy ones were right there to be clicked on! :(

It's still there on the old board, so you could do what Elizabeth said to save and use it, but it was a lot easier when those really handy ones were right there to be clicked on! :(

Yeah, that's true. S'pose I should go and fetch it while it's still there!

It is annoying that they're not there...

I keep typing codes into my posts that aren't turning into smileys anymore when I post 'em!

There's a lot of editing going on over here! :wacko:

When I want to click on a thread to see the latest posts, sometimes by mistake I click on the name of the latest poster instead. This is because I am a klutz. I did it all the time on the old board too.

However, as it takes me to the person's profile, on this new board there is a record of my visit, and I would just like to tell all those people wondering why I was peeking at their profile, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!! Sometimes. "Course, other times I actually did want to look at somebody's profile. But I'm guessing a whole bunch of people have looked at mine by mistake, too. (And it's really boring, by the way.)

So, what I'm saying, I find this feature . . disconcerting. :huh:

When I want to click on a thread to see the latest posts, sometimes by mistake I click on the name of the latest poster instead. This is because I am a klutz. I did it all the time on the old board too.

However, as it takes me to the person's profile, on this new board there is a record of my visit, and I would just like to tell all those people wondering why I was peeking at their profile, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!! Sometimes. "Course, other times I actually did want to look at somebody's profile. But I'm guessing a whole bunch of people have looked at mine by mistake, too. (And it's really boring, by the way.)

So, what I'm saying, I find this feature . . disconcerting. :huh:

I'm having the same problem. :( Even worse, for some reason when I go to open a PM, I almost click on the "Block" button every time. I'm afraid I'm going to accidentally block someone. Oh well. Hopefully I won't block anyone before I learn how to use the forum properly. :)

Archived