Jimmy Page in Pattaya, Thailand

SteveAJones

Ha! I've been in that pub!

I heard Jimmy's a Patts regular. And why not. Any info on that, Steve?

I believe this is his first confirmed public appearance in Pattaya. Jimmy did spend some time in Bangkok in June 2003 and February 2008:

In the presence of Page

Led Zeppelin guitar hero Jimmy Page has a look at a pair of Bangkok rock clubs and meets those who would be him

Published on February 18, 2008

Having honed their skills on the riffs of Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page, most of Thailand's best rock guitarists were stunned last week to find themselves summoned into the great man's presence.

Fresh from a triumphant one-off Zeppelin "reunion" concert for charity in London in December - and just past his 64th birthday - Page was enjoying a private stay in Bangkok and made two appearances at clubs on Royal City Avenue.

Warner Records managing director Nadda Buranasiri set up the initial connections.

"Actually," reports local axeman Ae Wizard, "Jimmy said he didn't want to go to any pubs because he was worried about being hounded, especially by the media, but since it was a Sunday, he told Phi Tiva to set up a private party for him."

Tiva Sarachudha, editor of Season magazine and owner of the well-known rockers' pub O-Leng, and Nol "Or Inca" Singholka quickly put the word out and within 30 minutes had plenty of musicians for an impromptu jam.

The makeshift band played on February 3 at O-Leng.

"He told me I play really well!" Ae says, beaming. "And I told him he was my inspiration."

Among those along with Ae serving as sidemen to the British legend were Pop the Sun, Moo Kaleidoscope, Olarn Phromjai and Or Inca.

The first question anyone would ask is what Led Zep songs did they perform?

"We didn't play any Zeppelin songs because we didn't have time to rehearse any!" Ae says, distraught at the missed opportunity.

"Led Zeppelin's songs are so beautiful with their complicated structure, so different from Deep Purple or the Scorpions. So you don't find many Thai bands that can play them."

Instead - and fully compensating for the missing Zep catalogue - they played the blues standards "House of the Rising Sun" and "Crossroads", followed by Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" and "Little Wing".

The local talent then treated Page to a sampling of Carabao songs, including "Refugee", on which Kanakam "Bee" Apiradee handled the vocals.

Later the rock god shook hands with the various assembled guitarists and posed with them for pictures. On hand were Ae, Moo, Olarn, Asanee Chotikul, Surasee Itthikul, Somchai Kamlertkul and Manote Puttan, plus Grammy Records' Kris Thomas and DJs Pong and Wasana Weerachatplee.

"I didn't want to ask for his autograph or get a photo with him or anything," says Manote of his long-time idol. "I just wanted to stare at him!"

On February 8 Page and a pair of unidentified Western pals made their own way to Overtone, the music club founded by Prart Aroonrungsi and his wife Lar. There, Page sipped Coke and listened to Chatree "Ohm" Kongsuwan playing tunes from his new album, "Into the Light".

Kitchana Lersakvanitchakul

The Nation

Slightly off-topic, but this has just been reported over here:

"Wayne Rooney's wife Coleen is set to kick off with England chiefs over plans to send the love-rat soccer ace to 'world capital of vice', Bangkok.

Football bosses have penciled in a friendly against Thailand to help win votes for England's World Cup bid.

The astonishing move came as the squad reels from a series of sex scandals and is sure to spark a WAGs' revolt, led by Coleen Rooney, 24.

She and husband Wayne, also 24, are battling to rebuild their marriage after hooker Jenny Thompson, 21, revealed he paid her for seven sex sessions.

"Coleen will go nuts. That's the last place on Earth she'll want Wayne to go, particularly without her," the Daily Star quoted one WAG as saying.

"It's an extraordinary decision to take England off to Bangkok when so many stars have been caught out.

"Either the wives will be going too, or I can safely predict a spate of mystery groin strains keeping the lads at home," the WAG added. (ANI)"

Hmm - away-games in Holland are presumably off the menu too, then. Poor Coleen - the fat chav-ette just doesn't get it.

Wayne is bound to love Thailand, and everything in the UK will look very third-rate when the lad gets home. If I were he, I'd stay there and never come back.

At least he hasn't completely stopped signing autographs, they auctioned off a signed t-shirt. If you can figure out Thai Bahts to country currency, the site said 15,000 Baht.

CFK10-0024-jimmy-page-signed-tshirt.jpg

Jesters' T-shirt signed by Jimmy Page - A fantastic, Jimmy Page signed Jesters' black T-shirt with guitar-playing skeleton on back.

Donated by Jesters

Winning Bid:

Bht 15,000 ($487.52) by Geoff Evans

She's not fat.

I'd take bets on you being much fatter.

Your not wrong Knebby, :D

But just who does SHE think SHE is anyways? i thought it was up to the England manager where HE takes the squad not some WOG (Wife Or Girlfriend).

Regards, Danny

PS, Misses BIGDAN has just informed ME that I'm wrong and that I should put all thoughts of ME joining HIM out there, there goes my one shot at underage sex, I'm gutted, still i was no "Garry Glitter" anyway. :o;):lol:

Your not wrong Knebby, :D

But just who does SHE think SHE is anyways? i thought it was up to the England manager where HE takes the squad not some WOG (Wife Or Girlfriend).

Regards, Danny

PS, Misses BIGDAN has just informed ME that I'm wrong and that I should put all thoughts of ME joining HIM out there, there goes my one shot at underage sex, I'm gutted, still i was no "Garry Glitter" anyway. :o;):lol:

Danny, I always thought it was WAG (wives and grilfriends). I don't follow football at all or the tabloid media, so maybe I'm wrong! :huh:

As I'm sure you know 'WOG' has racist connotations in Britain thanks to Enid Blyton, or were you trying to be funny as usual? :D

Great video by the way, it's lovely to see Jimmy looking so healthy and happy.

Danny, I always thought it was WAG (wives and grilfriends). I don't follow football at all or the tabloid media, so maybe I'm wrong! :huh:

As I'm sure you know 'WOG' has racist connotations in Britain thanks to Enid Blyton, or were you trying to be funny as usual? :D

Great video by the way, it's lovely to see Jimmy looking so healthy and happy.

Hi Magic,

I was just seeing if anyone was awake, "WOG" is an affectionate term for a "Western Oriental Gentleman" and has been misused ever since to mean a Black or Asian person by certain circles of the population of which i am not one. :D

You so are right about "WAGs" though, i was just putting my "Usual" humour to good use again, so here's to you for being so observant, keep up the good work and unless you want to immerse yourself in to a life of disappointment then my advice to you is to keep away from anything revolving around kicking a pigs stomach. :lol:

Regards, Danny

PS, Why are we not friends? :o

PPS, With all the Money Jimmy has amased, and the fact that if a girl asked him out for dinner his favourite desert ice cream would be a "Knicker Dropper Glory" (you know what i mean i hope?) what red bloddied man wouldnt be happy? :thumbsup:

Hi Magic,

I was just seeing if anyone was awake, "WOG" is an affectionate term for a "Western Oriental Gentleman" and has been misused ever since to mean a Black or Asian person by certain circles of the population of which i am not one. :D

You so are right about "WAGs" though, i was just putting my "Usual" humour to good use again, so here's to you for being so observant, keep up the good work and unless you want to immerse yourself in to a life of disappointment then my advice to you is to keep away from anything revolving around kicking a pigs stomach. :lol:

Regards, Danny

PS, Why are we not friends? :o

PPS, With all the Money Jimmy has amased, and the fact that if a girl asked him out for dinner his favourite desert ice cream would be a "Knicker Dropper Glory" (you know what i mean i hope?) what red bloddied man wouldnt be happy? :thumbsup:

Hi Danny

I thought you were joking, after all it's not often that you get things wrong, is it?! :D I'm not sure what you mean by that last comment though (yes I get the desert joke!)! :huh:

Hi Danny

I thought you were joking, after all it's not often that you get things wrong, is it?! :D I'm not sure what you mean by that last comment though (yes I get the desert joke!)! :huh:

Hi Magic,

Anyone who calls me by my first name i consider a friend, even if is on this unreal world of the Internet Forum, and i can get it Wrong as often as anyone else, its just that i cover up those mistakes with bullshit and denial, it seems to work around the ignorant and kids, so i guess I'm fcuked on here ain't i? :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

Hi Magic,

Anyone who calls me by my first name i consider a friend, even if is on this unreal world of the Internet Forum, and i can get it Wrong as often as anyone else, its just that i cover up those mistakes with bullshit and denial, it seems to work around the ignorant and kids, so i guess I'm fcuked on here ain't i? :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

Hi Danny

Well you know I have a very sharp eye for mistakes, I guess it comes from teaching some pretty dumb students over the years! Not that I'm saying you're dumb, of course! :o You have very sharp wit, but sometimes I don't get all of your jokes, so maybe I'm the one who's slow! :D

Magic

Hi Danny

Well you know I have a very sharp eye for mistakes, I guess it comes from teaching some pretty dumb students over the years! Not that I'm saying you're dumb, of course! :o You have very sharp wit, but sometimes I don't get all of your jokes, so maybe I'm the one who's slow! :D

Magic

Hi Magic,

No no, your not slow, the trouble with me is that i live in a world of my own, i am constantly making fun of everything and everybody around me, nothing and no one is exempt, and this had led to much trouble for me over the years.

Even on here I'm totally misunderstood by many of our fellow forum members, and "That's The Way It Should Be" ha, if you don't get it you can always ask, but don't be surprised if even i don't know why something makes me laugh, humour is a very funny thing you know/ ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, By the way, you have made my day, and I'm listing to "Celebration Day" at this very moment, funny isn't it? :lol:

Hi Magic,

No no, your not slow, the trouble with me is that i live in a world of my own, i am constantly making fun of everything and everybody around me, nothing and no one is exempt, and this had led to much trouble for me over the years.

Even on here I'm totally misunderstood by many of our fellow forum members, and "That's The Way It Should Be" ha, if you don't get it you can always ask, but don't be surprised if even i don't know why something makes me laugh, humour is a very funny thing you know/ ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, By the way, you have made my day, and I'm listing to "Celebration Day" at this very moment, funny isn't it? :lol:

Hi Danny

Well I'm certainly glad to have made your day! It's perfecty okay to live in a world of your own, and, yes, I can see why some of the comments/jokes you make on here may get you into trouble sometimes. But I can read between the lines of your posts and tell that you're a really nice guy, so please keep posting with your original and unique humour. You certainly make this forum a whole lot more enjoyable to read. :yesnod:

Magic

Hi Danny

Well I'm certainly glad to have made your day! It's perfecty okay to live in a world of your own, and, yes, I can see why some of the comments/jokes you make on here may get you into trouble sometimes. But I can read between the lines of your posts and tell that you're a really nice guy, so please keep posting with your original and unique humour. You certainly make this forum a whole lot more enjoyable to read. :yesnod:

Magic

Magic, what a truly empathic person you really are, thanks, really. I wish the Mods had your insight and warmth towards me, i think I'm still on probation, we probably all are at times, i just like living out there on the edge just like Led Zeppelin and its members did once upon a time in the 60s and 70s.

Do you think i should play it safe like Robert has done and come in from the edge and start posting in more safe "Country" sort of way, or should i post like the Cyber Warrior i pretend to be? ;)

Is it Safe or is it Raunchy? you decide. :o

Kind Regards, Danny (The Rover)

Magic, what a truly empathic person you really are, thanks, really. I wish the Mods had your insight and warmth towards me, i think I'm still on probation, we probably all are at times, i just like living out there on the edge just like Led Zeppelin and its members did once upon a time in the 60s and 70s.

Do you think i should play it safe like Robert has done and come in from the edge and start posting in more safe "Country" sort of way, or should i post like the Cyber Warrior i pretend to be? ;)

Is it Safe or is it Raunchy? you decide. :o

Kind Regards, Danny (The Rover)

Hi Danny (The Rover!)

Thanks for the compliments. I think it's got to be Cyber Warrior all the way for you. You can try playing it safe, but I think you'd been so bored after a day you'd soon revert back to your cheeky, smart-arse comments! ;)

All the best

Magic

Hi Danny (The Rover!)

Thanks for the compliments. I think it's got to be Cyber Warrior all the way for you. You can try playing it safe, but I think you'd been so bored after a day you'd soon revert back to your cheeky, smart-arse comments! ;)

All the best

Magic

Exactly what i was thinking, i can see some members shaking their fists while others have their heads in their hands crying, but a true Led Zeppelin Fanatic should never compromise, just like the Band he tries to emulate, thanks again Magic for restoring faith in myself that had diminished a little, i will never forget this day, too you. :kiss::beer::thanku:

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, The "Rover" was the song i was listing too, not my heart wandering. :o:lol:

PPS, Whats the date? :wacko:

Exactly what i was thinking, i can see some members shaking their fists while others have their heads in their hands crying, but a true Led Zeppelin Fanatic should never compromise, just like the Band he tries to emulate, thanks again Magic for restoring faith in myself that had diminished a little, i will never forget this day, too you. :kiss::beer::thanku:

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, The "Rover" was the song i was listing too, not my heart wandering. :o:lol:

PPS, Whats the date? :wacko:

Hi Danny

You're welcome. I'm sure you have more fans on here than you realise. And I'm gald someone is endeavouring to keep the Zeppelin spirit alive. I look forward to chatting with you again on this forum. :)

Magic

PS. I wandered what you meant by The Rover (apart from referring to the song, of course), I thought it was more of your bizarre humour. :huh: Mrs Big Dan has nothing to worry about! :D

Archived