Jimmy Page in Pattaya, Thailand

SteveAJones

Hi Danny

You're welcome. I'm sure you have more fans on here than you realise. And I'm gald someone is endeavouring to keep the Zeppelin spirit alive. I look forward to chatting with you again on this forum. :)

Magic

PS. I wandered what you meant by The Rover (apart from referring to the song, of course), I thought it was more of your bizarre humour. :huh: Mrs Big Dan has nothing to worry about! :D

Hi Magic,

If i have Fans on here then i would equate them to Millwall Fans, they would have nothing to Sing about and would revel in the fact that "Nobody likes us, we don't care" :o

The Rover was in fact playing as i wrote but i put it in to confuse and bamboozle you, how did i do? :whistling:

As for Misses BIGDAN, shes always worrying, about how to spend my money. :mad:

Kind Regards, Danny

Herewith a link to an article in Pattaymail about the fundraising evening at Jamsons' pub. There are quite a few photos of Jimmy.

http://www.pattayama...tures.shtml#hd1

Many thanks. There was speculation elsewhere that drummer Chris Slade may have been the gentlemen seated with Jimmy in the videoclip - sparking rumors they are working together again - however, the feature stories and photographs do not support this at all.

Butts Butler who posted his video of Jimmy in Pattaya onto You Tube has had to add the following words underneath it: "*Please Note the Baby is Jimi Na Butler (not Jimmy Pages Thai Child as he doesn't have one for the People who call him and ask, true Story lol)" :D

Would you, now? And why might that be?

By using the comparative, you are attributing a degree of fatness to her, thus contradicting yourself.

PWNED.

What a load of bollocks. The comparative establishes no such precedent.

Saying Jimmy Page is a more talented guitarist than me doesn't give me "talented guitarist" status.

And trying to lecture me about English whilst using the "term" "PWNED" says it all, really.

Many thanks. There was speculation elsewhere that drummer Chris Slade may have been the gentlemen seated with Jimmy in the videoclip - sparking rumors they are working together again - however, the feature stories and photographs do not support this at all.

It just occurred to me that the man sitting with Jimmy at the table may be a bodyguard. There have been stories in the UK press about British males being mugged by the 'working girls' in Thailand. One guy in particular told of how he got robbed and ended up having to take a job in a bar to pay for his ticket home. As it will be well known locally that Jimmy is wealthy, maybe he felt he had to take security, because on this trip Ross was not with him. Just a thought.

Edit:- I've taken another look at the video and I think that it may be the same guy who attended a funeral with Jimmy a couple of years back. That person at the funeral was security.

It just occurred to me that the man sitting with Jimmy at the table may be a bodyguard. There have been stories in the UK press about British males being mugged by the 'working girls' in Thailand. One guy in particular told of how he got robbed and ended up having to take a job in a bar to pay for his ticket home. As it will be well known locally that Jimmy is wealthy, maybe he felt he had to take security, because on this trip Ross was not with him. Just a thought.

Edit:- I've taken another look at the video and I think that it may be the same guy who attended a funeral with Jimmy a couple of years back. That person at the funeral was security.

Sounds very plausible now that you mention it.

The guy who posted the original video of JP in Pattaya onto YouTube, 'Blacksheepmusic', has posted another brief bit of film of Jimmy in the pub. It is called 'Jimmy Page Tribute' and consists of some more stills, together with brief film of Jimmy having his photograph taken by customers.

Hope this link works:

The guy who posted the original video of JP in Pattaya onto YouTube, 'Blacksheepmusic', has posted another brief bit of film of Jimmy in the pub. It is called 'Jimmy Page Tribute' and consists of some more stills, together with brief film of Jimmy having his photograph taken by customers.

Hope this link works:

Thanks Kenog. These you can tell are Jimmy, judging by the still photos. Not a lot there as very brief.

I had also found this thread on a Thailand forum where people have met Jimmy in Bangkok. Take note of the posting by Jeffinbkk on 2 August 2009 regarding Jimmy being 'done' with being Jimmy I am sure I've previously read the quote by Jimmy of him never having heard WLL played in a w****house before, so if you are already aware of the thread below, my apologies.

http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Also, Blacksheepmusic on YouTube says in the video's comments section that he asked Jimmy to sign his guitar whilst in Jameson's pub, but Jimmy declined to do so. I think that JP might be restricted by any contractual agreement he has with Gibson from signing other manufacturers' guitars.

• 1 month later...

I found a recent comment made by 'Blacksheepmusic' on the Youtube page where he talks about meeting Jimmy. Someone asked what he and Jimmy spoke about when they met - here is Blacksheepmusic's reply:-

"We Spoke about Hendrix he did not know that it was his 40th that day... Nice Guy all round great Smile I spoke to him about his house and asked him if he had performed the unfinished Abramelin Which Alister Crowley had started in the Early 1900's at the Famous Boleskine he said he had not started it to have Finished it...lol :) He commented on Today's Music being controlled by the Producers I commented that there is a Strong underground Music Scene keeping it Real!J"

theblacksheepmusic 2 weeks ago

... and asked him if he had performed the unfinished Abramelin which Alister Crowley had started in the early 1900's at the famous Boleskine he said he had not started it to have finished it...lol

Something seems to be lost in translation here. Perhaps Jimmy said something to the effect of he's not about to finish something Crowley abandoned.

Something seems to be lost in translation here. Perhaps Jimmy said something to the effect of he's not about to finish something Crowley abandoned.

Yes, Steve, I agree with your interpretation. Blacksheepmusic probably gave a quick reply to the person who asked him what he spoke about to JP, and didn't give much thought to how his comments come across. I was surprised JP didn't know it was Hendrix's anniversary.

I was surprised JP didn't know it was Hendrix's anniversary.

Seems to me it's not the sort of thing one normally bears in mind without some prompting from the media first; I doubt it got much if any mainstream press or coverage in Pattaya. With the exception of Elvis Presley, John Bonham and John Lennon I myself don't recall the death dates of rock stars without prompting. I do recall Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison and Cobain all died at the same age - 27.

Seems to me it's not the sort of thing one normally bears in mind without some prompting from the media first; I doubt it got much if any mainstream press or coverage in Pattaya. With the exception of Elvis Presley, John Bonham and John Lennon I myself don't recall the death dates of rock stars without prompting. I do recall Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison and Cobain all died at the same age - 27.

SAJ,

It got a fair amount of media coverage in the UK in advance of the anniversary date. I assume that's because Hendrix died over here. There was the usual question raised of whether JH died from misadventure, or was he murdered?

Without going back to check, I remember posting on this site the details of a newspaper competition to win a stay at the hotel Hendrix used to use in London where they have created a 'Hendrix' suite with memorabilia.

I suppose if Jimmy was on vacation, the anniversary would be the last thing on his mind (especially in Pattaya :D ).

Archived