Thee Soul & Rhythm and Blues Thread

Swede

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

My favorite TOP vocalist Brent Carver on this one and one hell of a guy. To my good friend Dougie C, Brent showed you you can beat it. If your looking in, we're with ya bro :yesnod:

Someone told me it was one of the sisters birthday today. Hitting the big open airwaves with a little ...Sledddge..a :unsure:

I don't know why but I'm thinking Pirates and Steelers :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

http://youtu.be/amo2PQKHmq4

Footage of the late Eddie Hinton that also features Brook Benton & Booker T & The MGs recording sessions (could this really be them recording "Time Is Tight?"), The The Mar-keys working out a horn arrangement (with Isaac Hayes playing sax, right ) and more.

Very cool ! Nice find :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This song falls squarely in the genre of Disco but is it ever good, imo. Not because it is a fabulous song to dance to, but because of the incredible bass going on. I never noticed it in the day (probably too many pina coladas back then, ha) but I sure hear it now.

The bassist for CHIC, Bernard Edwards gave his last performance here in Budokan, April 1996. He had been told earlier in the day by his doctor he had fever and pneumonia and should not perform. The band's co-founder Niles Rodgers (a brilliant producer in his own right) wanted to cancel. But Bernard Edwards insisted on playing the gig as to not disappoint the fans despite being so sick. He passed away the next day from pneumonia complications.

Check it out @3:11 or really anywhere in the song for that great bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMqRxDZpWIg

RIP Bernard Edwards. Thanks for the "Good Times."

^^^

Amen to that, Missy. Chic was one of my favourite disco-era bands, but you're right, thanks to Mr. Edwards, they had a solid funk foundation. What grooves they had.

Welcome back by the way...good to see you posting again.

• 4 months later...

^^^

Good choices Missy! :thumbsup:

Think I'll listen to these on my way to the Museum now.

Thanks very much Strider. See if they make you smile too.....it's hard not to! :)

Thanks for digging this thread up again Missy. Can't remember if I've posted this before or not. Either way, it's still a great song

Ally, you're welcome friend. And I can't remember if you put up that clip before or not, but I have the same problem with some songs I pick too. :lol: I think when they are this good, it's should be okay to post them more than once anyway! I hadn't heard that particular AVB song....very nice.

How about we keep the Soul flowing with some O'Jays and the late, great Issac Hayes? :) Missy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived