Thee Soul & Rhythm and Blues Thread

Swede

My understanding is that while Robert Plant is a big fan of and well versed in both Delta and Chicago blues, he wasn't a fan of soul music during his Led Zeppelin days. I read that John Paul Jones was a big fan of the Funk Brothers, Motown's studio musicians.

wow didn't now that about Robert Plant, no surprize about JPJ, I read somewhere Bonzo was a fan of the drummer in James Brown... the Soul / Motown`s musicians influence on loads of the great rock bands, to name a few Free, Aerosmith, The Who and GNR... :peace:

wow didn't now that about Robert Plant, no surprize about JPJ, I read somewhere Bonzo was a fan of the drummer in James Brown... the Soul / Motown`s musicians influence on loads of the great rock bands, to name a few Free, Aerosmith, The Who and GNR... :peace:

When I wrote "soul music" I should have specified the Motown or Philly stuff. From what I've read, he and Page both collected the Stax artists' recordings. Several months ago, another poster mentioned that Bootsy Collins was a friend of the band back in the day. I wonder if JPJ initiated that relationship since Collins is a fellow bass player?

• 2 months later...

I really like Donny Hathaway and I recently discovered an Amy Winehouse cover of his song 'I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know' which is one of my favourite Hathaway songs.

Can't beat the original but I do like her version as well.

Donny Hathaway - I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know

Amy Winehouse I love you more than you'll ever know LIVE (Inédit RARE)

I really like Donny Hathaway and I recently discovered an Amy Winehouse cover of his song 'I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know' which is one of my favourite Hathaway songs.

Thanks for posing azad! I've never heard that song before.

Your welcome lipslikecherries.

I'm jumping back and forth from the blues thread to this one atm. So many good songs and artists that all the kind folk have posted for us all. :)

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/3730-blues-thread/page-14

I know. I love this forum, I have discovered lots of new music with the help of others here.

Tragically, Hathaway and Winehouse both died too young and by their own hands.

• 7 months later...

Archived