The one Zep song you thought would have been more "famous"?

dpat

10 yrs gone should have been the Stairway of PG.

There's no doubt in my mind about that. One of their all time bests. Along with "Kashmir" and "Achilles Last Stand." :thumbsup:

Agreed. IMO When the Levee Breaks is the best song on the fourth album.

Wow, someone who agrees with me on that. Seriously, that doesn't happen often.

Well, how about two of us here? :thumbsup:

The Rover. ( I didn't put that as the one song that should've been more "famous" because I do hear it on the radio from time to time- although of course I think it should be played a lot more :) )

The Rover is a real good one. One of my faves as well.

The Rover. ( I didn't put that as the one song that should've been more "famous" because I do hear it on the radio from time to time- although of course I think it should be played a lot more :) )

That's exactly the reason I didn't choose When The Levee Breaks.

Aside from I'm Gonna Crawl another tune I would have nominated is Four Sticks

How much more famous do you want this song to be? It's probably one of the top 5 played Zep songs ever on radio! :wakeup:

I was about to say -- Black Dog is NOT in any need of being more famous. Even if you take away it's constantly-on-classic-rock-radio status, it's still one of their best known songs.

There's a lot of things in this world better than Stairway to Heaven. Like getting up in the morning, the smell of apple pie baking in the oven, your kitten purring in your ear, a sloppy kiss from your dog when you come home from work, the sound of laughter with friends and family..........the list goes on.

There's a lot of things in this world better than Stairway to Heaven. Like getting up in the morning, the smell of apple pie baking in the oven, your kitten purring in your ear, a sloppy kiss from your dog when you come home from work, the sound of laughter with friends and family..........the list goes on.

:offtopic:wtf_.gif and Puke__.gif

Definitely! But nothing better than Ten Years Gone or Achilles Last Stand!

Agreed. IMO When the Levee Breaks is the best song on the fourth album.

Agreed. I love that song so much. It was such as perfect song to close a perfect album. And don't worry Electrophile, you are not alone. :D I too realize how genius and thunderous the song is. It will always be my favorite from IV.

Archived