UK Proposes All Paychecks Go to the State First

The Rover

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39265847

he UK's tax collection agency is putting forth a proposal that all employers send employee paychecks to the government, after which the government would deduct what it deems as the appropriate tax and pay the employees by bank transfer.

--------------------------------

The Govt. will gladly pay you on Tuesday, or whatever day it deems appropriate.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39265847

he UK's tax collection agency is putting forth a proposal that all employers send employee paychecks to the government, after which the government would deduct what it deems as the appropriate tax and pay the employees by bank transfer.

--------------------------------

The Govt. will gladly pay you on Tuesday, or whatever day it deems appropriate.

A totally crazy idea. The tax office get's it wrong so often now.

I wouldn't trust hem with my taxes let alone having my pay.

Wow... I have a question for the Brits: do you have a choice in this issue? :unsure:

Sounds rather like you have OUR leader, :blahblah: or perhaps a clone. <_<

I really WOULD like to know the answer. When I was in England last year some of your countrymen wanted me to "say hello to Mr. Obama" and laughed when I said "ummm........NO. "

Just curious how autocrats are dealt with in other geographic locales. B)

How many of you Brits would the "There's one for you nineteen for me" jacking affect? Any millionaires here?

By the way, what is the taxrate for an average earning worker there? Let's say the equivalent of a $40,000 a year US income.

If the tax office did perform their work efficiently and correctly, wouldn't that be ideal? Let them do the work, or do you think that they'd screw up more often than not?

I wonder if this effect would cause more under the table compensation across the board.