John Henry Bonham R.I.P

Reggie29

It was exciting watching him play his solo from behind the stage in 1977 until their road manager yelled at me and told me to move on.

Interesting! You should share more on this. I'm sure a lot of us on this board would like to hear more about this.

Sweet kids, austrian_zeppelin!

//Glad you found usefull that link, Danny. I didn't get to listen to it yet (I'm at work, of course).

Btw, that god+good picture is great!! And true

Hi zdr,

Yea, i had a Revelation one fine day, maybe even JB himself sent it to me, i kinda like to think JB had some involvement in my making it, it would be rather fitting don't ya think? ;)

Regards, Danny

Sweet kids, austrian_zeppelin!

thanks, i am doing my best to make them rock and so far so good. they love their bonham drum sticks i got from a friend of mine (not originals but made to the exact specification). the other sticks (one from jason and one from Carmine Appice - both played) are out of their limits as is all the other tasty zep stuff in my collection...but stick on zep on the radio and they crank it up way past 11 and headbang their way until the next nappy change....so all good

Hi zdr,

Yea, i had a Revelation one fine day, maybe even JB himself sent it to me, i kinda like to think JB had some involvement in my making it, it would be rather fitting don't ya think? ;)

Regards, Danny

:yesnod:

thanks, i am doing my best to make them rock and so far so good. they love their bonham drum sticks i got from a friend of mine (not originals but made to the exact specification). the other sticks (one from jason and one from Carmine Appice - both played) are out of their limits as is all the other tasty zep stuff in my collection...but stick on zep on the radio and they crank it up way past 11 and headbang their way until the next nappy change....so all good

:D I just hope they won't ever rebel at age 14 against their father's musical taste :P

I´m a drummer from Tenerife (Canary Islands Spain), just to show my deepest respect for John Bonham and his family. He was my biggest inspiration. Thanks for being so brave, thaks for transmitting that braveness to all of us. Let´s get together and send him all our best wishes. Hope to meet you some day.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like only yesterday that I was sitting on the couch at my best friend, Richard's house doing bong hits, listening to Presence and drumming in sync on cushions together along to Bonham when his mom came in and scared the hell out of us... She had just heard on the radio that "Ya'll's favorite drummer in Zeppelin had just died..." I will never forget that day or the awkward silence that came over us. We both knew almost every Zeppelin song and were huge Bonham and Ludwig nuts since Junior High... We never really talked about it but we both knew that our music would be taking a new direction from that day on. Rich's birthday was in a few days and he still remembers what a crappy present he got that year...

John Henry Bonham has been the biggest positive influance in my life for close to 40 years now and my life would not have been the same without him without a doubt! He has inspired me to push just a little harder and I know that if it weren't for him, headphones and a pair of drum sticks that I would have probably ended up in prison or dead by now as I, too, have the same type of impulsive compulsive binger personalities as John had. No moderation - all on or all off!

Now that I'm older and a bit more settled - my good friend, Carl LiBrizzi and I maintain a website that is 100% totally dedicated to the legacy of John Bonham at: http://www.bonzobrosdrumspresents.com. We collect Bonham replica drums and other Zeppelin goodies and it has been an awesome experience getting to correspond with so many avid Bonham fans like ourselves from around the world! I hope that anyone reading this will take a minute to stop by!

post-15862-026071400 1287330620_thumb.jp

post-15862-070739900 1287330905_thumb.jp

about the years , listening and being hardly interested on Led Zep , her music , her style , all of them are like well known persons for me , like friends , because their music touches me really .

if i would meet a member of these rock gods i would say to them rhat it was SO right to quit the band after Bonzos death , no drummer can reach his perfectioness , his very special groove and i NEVER hear one single wrong note of him , he was just the most perfect drummer of all times , i love his sound , his style , i m addicted to zep B)

i was very impressed of some metal drummers of the 90s named joey jordison of slipknot and especially Brann from Mastodon :

(cool drumming )

all of them are BIG Bonzo Fans , and if you ask rock or jazz drummers worldwide and make a poll , then it would be so clear that John Henry Bonham is the Nr1 drummer in the world

john , we miss you

:huh:

Archived