ZZ Top Barn Dance and Bar B Que

BillyTerrell

Back in Austin, Texas it was a hot son of a gun, I had tickets to head that direction. It was hot and I had a preludin and I chewed it up. Needless to say I was buzzing and the floor was covered with a brown tarp to keep astro turf from getting messed up. The first band on was Band Company and during the third or fourth set they introduced Jimmy Page and the place went nuts. I was there for 15 or so hours and on the Fandango album of ZZ Top is the crowd that was there. That was the first and last time they had that since it cost to much to repair items. I would like to see a DVD of that event.

Back in Austin, Texas it was a hot son of a gun, I had tickets to head that direction. It was hot and I had a preludin and I chewed it up. Needless to say I was buzzing and the floor was covered with a brown tarp to keep astro turf from getting messed up. The first band on was Bad Company and during the third or fourth set they introduced Jimmy Page and the place went nuts. I was there for 15 or so hours and on the Fandango album of ZZ Top is the crowd that was there. That was the first and last time they had that since it cost to much to repair items. I would like to see a DVD of that event.

I do not remember seeing any pro filming of that show back in 1974. There were no big screens used either.

ZZ Top did put on a fine show that night !

I could barely see Jimmy onstage, because, before Jimmy was announced, only some people were standing for Bad Co., but when Jimmy was introduced...EVERYONE on the floor of that packed stadium stood up to catch a view of him.

Archived