What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Downloading 6/27/77 right now. I have Millard's recordings from the 21st, 23rd, and 25th, but have not heard the 27th.

It's a long show. One of the longest from the '77 tour. A good show, but not as good as some of the Forum dates. A bit sloppy at times. Good quality recording as expected being a Millard show.

It's a long show. One of the longest from the '77 tour. A good show, but not as good as some of the Forum dates. A bit sloppy at times. Good quality recording as expected being a Millard show.

Best acoustic set for '77 IMO. The 27th and 23rd are probably my favourite LA '77 shows. Wanna say 6-27-77 is their longest concert, either that or 5-25-75.

(Hmm...5-25-75...haven't heard that one in a while...maybe I'll blast that at work today!)

Can someone tell me what a "millard" recording is ? Heard the name a few times, supposedly his recordings were better quality or something ?

Can someone tell me what a "millard" recording is ? Heard the name a few times, supposedly his recordings were better quality or something ?

Mike Millard was a bootlegger in the LA area in the 70's. He pretended to be handicapped and came to concerts in a wheelchair, so he could hide his recording equipment in the wheelchair, and get close access to the stage. He's most known for the '77 run of LA Forum concerts, including the 6/21/77 bootleg "Listen To This Eddie". He also is known to have done Long Beach in '75, and a couple of the LA '75 shows. Not much is known about him, but he is believed to have committed suicide in 1990.

Wiki - Mike Millard

Listening to No Quarter from 26/5/77.

I think No Quarter has become my favorite live Zep song. I dig listening to the versions from each tour as it grew from 73-75-77. I really like the 73 versions, they were short, compact, and very eerie and atmospheric. 77 was more of a long jam, in lieu of Dazed & Confused.