What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Oakland, '77, 1st show.

Funny moment right before the guitar solo in Ten Years Gone, Jonesy's guitar goes out and the other two aren't sure whether to keep playing or stop. They stumble around until Jones comes back in, and then they finally resume the song. First half of this show is pretty good, Nobody's Fault, especially

Oakland, '77, 1st show.

Funny moment right before the guitar solo in Ten Years Gone, Jonesy's guitar goes out and the other two aren't sure whether to keep playing or stop. They stumble around until Jones comes back in, and then they finally resume the song. First half of this show is pretty good, Nobody's Fault, especially

There is some debate regarding where the fault lies here. I believe it is Jimmy's failure to timely play the first few notes of the solo that causes the ugly break.

There is some debate regarding where the fault lies here. I believe it is Jimmy's failure to timely play the first few notes of the solo that causes the ugly break.

Yes, I think that particular trainwreck was due to Page momentarily nodding off or something and more or less missing his cue to start the solo rather than any technical difficulties Jonesy may have been having with the tripleneck...

since i have a little free time, I am going to ride through the worst (possible) part of town i can find (to get to know my area better as I am in Real Estate), and plan on listening to some heavy 1977 live tracks. Like the one above is a likely candidate. Maybe the 5-30-77 gig. I just want to know the area better anyways, since I live here and plan on staying. Not that my sales will increase, I just care about clients and don't BS people.

"Celebration of the 25th anniversary of the formation of Led Zeppelin" with Dick Parry, an FM radio special that I recorded on cassette and am now transferring to mp3. I have other radio specials and things that I will be transferring also, it's neat to go back and listen to them.

Edited by luvlz2

"25 After 1", the 25th anniversary of Led Zeppelin 1 with Redbeard, an FM radio special that aired back in 93' that I've transfered from cassette.

Edited by luvlz2

Thirty six years ago today...New York, June 11, 1977. Most likely not the best '77 show from a technical/performance standpoint (though it's up there), but it's been my favourite for years. IMO the most kick ass "No Quarter" from a tour full of kick ass "No Quarter"'s. Decent sounding recording, too, and you can tell the taper and his girlfriend were having a good time- now that's a date that would be hard to top!

This always ties with the night before for me as my favourite date of the NYC run. If they had done OtHaFA instead of IMToD, it probably would be my favourite. After TSRTS, every song is on fire, with my fav Noise Solo/ALS of the NYC run, as well as my favourite White Summer/Black Mountain Side-Kashmir. Everything about this show is just tops for me. I hope that EVSD eventually releases a SBD of this as well along with all the other NYC dates, but not before we get Greensboro!

Thirty six years ago today...New York, June 11, 1977. Most likely not the best '77 show from a technical/performance standpoint (though it's up there), but it's been my favourite for years. IMO the most kick ass "No Quarter" from a tour full of kick ass "No Quarter"'s. Decent sounding recording, too, and you can tell the taper and his girlfriend were having a good time- now that's a date that would be hard to top!

This always ties with the night before for me as my favourite date of the NYC run. If they had done OtHaFA instead of IMToD, it probably would be my favourite. After TSRTS, every song is on fire, with my fav Noise Solo/ALS of the NYC run, as well as my favourite White Summer/Black Mountain Side-Kashmir. Everything about this show is just tops for me. I hope that EVSD eventually releases a SBD of this as well along with all the other NYC dates, but not before we get Greensboro!

June 10th and 11th are my favourite nights of the tour period. At the risk of invoking the wrath of Strider, I prefer those two gigs even to the holy L.A. shows. Performances aside, the 10th and 11th also happen to be captured on very atmospheric audience tapes, which particularly appeals to someone like myself who was too young (though not by much) to attend any of these shows. If I had to give up my entire '77 collection (fat fucking chance of that ever happening :lol: ) except for one show, I'd seriously have to flip a coin over keeping June 10th or 11th...but I'd have to give the edge to the 11th because of that "No Quarter" and IMTOD (which I prefer to OTHAFA)...

And just in case there's two or three of you out there who haven't heard the 11/6/77 "No Quarter", here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGbhcdr3dJM

Edited by Nutrocker