What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

4 hours ago, John M said:

I am on a 1975 roll again after focusing on 1971 for quite a while.  Always loved this show and the Plantation before Trampled is a classic.  March 17, 1975

I'm spinning this one on its anniversary too!  Only on OTHAFA right now though.  Now we come to the peak of the '75 tour (3/12 notwithstanding)--the Pacific Northwest & LA.

Threw on the old original vinyl of TSRTS soundtrack. I gotta say, I think it's a better live album than HTWWW. Apart from having superior versions of most songs, it just sounds more "live" to me. Even though both albums are spliced to hell and back. I do prefer WLL from HTWWW though.

20 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

One of many reasons why 6/19/72 Seattle is my favorite Zeppelin show.

A great show and one of the best.  It's just that the quality isn't that good in the sound.  Otherwise this would be a more popular show with us.  Hope someday a good quality source becomes available.

One of the most intense shows I've heard. 

EDIT: FWIW, after completing my listen to this show again tonight...I downgrade it just a touch! Remains one of Plant's all-time performances as far as I'm concerned, but after listening to other shows for the first time recently from this era, it's just too short, for whatever reason Page does not seem exceedingly revved up, though he does play pretty damn nicely within the framework he sets forth. Seems like an overall contained performance, and within that containment, they go absolutely ape shit, if that makes any sense to anyone whatsoever! Example being he hardly let's Plant do the boogie rap. They just start boogying!

Edited by paplbojo

15 hours ago, John M said:

Today is March 21 and we are getting snowed in.  So I am giving this a spin in its entirety.  43 years ago today.

Listened to this one earlier--my favourite show from any year.  Now finishing up March 21, 1973 Hamburg, another amazing show--could March 21 be the best day ever for "Dazed And Confused"?  Hamburg '73 and 2nd Seattle '75 are probably my two favourite versions of it.

7 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Listened to this one earlier--my favourite show from any year.  Now finishing up March 21, 1973 Hamburg, another amazing show--could March 21 be the best day ever for "Dazed And Confused"?  Hamburg '73 and 2nd Seattle '75 are probably my two favourite versions of it.

Thanks for the reminder.  I went back and listened to Dazed Hamburg 1973 - outstanding !!

Today, it's a little bit warm. No, not warm, it's hot - 45th anniversary: March, 24 1973 Offenburg, Ortenauhalle
My favorite Whole Lotta Love. Jimmy's guitar playing is so powerful and the sound of the guitar is awesome

finally listened to 1977/07/23 all the way thru in one sitting. Honestly not as bad a show as people like to make out. The band sounds focused and tight thru most of it, and the vibes of a 77 gig out in the daylight is really interesting in a great way. It's a shame there weren't any outdoor concerts done in the daylight in June 77 (I dont count Tampa because it was when the sun was going down anyway), that would have been something to hear for sure. Ten Years Gone is the only serious blemish on this show, and Jimmy has clearly recovered by the time he plays White Summer/Black Mountain Side. I really dig hearing a live Black Dog with a cold open, which if I remember right is completely unique to this show. All in all I really really hope either an excellent stereo audience tape or the soundboard of this show surfaces one day, or at least some more video footage.

March 27, 1975 - Los Angeles -- Always been one of my favourites.  It's certainly a long one--the average song length (if you just take the total length of the show, accounting for cuts in the tape, and divide by 15) is almost 15 minutes!

- longest "Sick Again" of '75

- longest ever "Over The Hills And Far Away"

- longest ever "In My Time Of Dying"

- longest "Kashmir" of '75

- second-longest "No Quarter" of '75 and seventh-longest overall

- second-longest "Trampled Under Foot" of all time

- longest ever "Dazed And Confused" (by a country mile)

- seventh-longest "Stairway To Heaven" of all time

- longest ever "Black Dog"

The last few days I have been listening intently to all my various versions of Royal Albert Hall 9 January 1970.  Jimmy's Birthday Party, Having Some Fun Tonight, and "The Initial Tapes".  This is one of my favorite recordings of Zep.  Such a great performance from everyone.  Plant is so outstanding, so much power in his full range from the lowest to the highest.  It is one of my favorite Plant performances ever.  The band is so fantastic in every dimension and the sound/tone/mix is just absolutely astonishing.  Such a gem.