What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Whoever is Led Zeppelin Rarities, Jimmy Page should hire him. This "1971 live album" he compiled is one I listen to more than the newly remastered official releases of the 1971 BBC session and "How the West Was Won". The sound is alive and much better than the Orlando and Toronto soundboards I have. If you have friends that express doubt about Led Zeppelin's abilities as a live act, just play them this and April 27, 1969 Fillmore West. If they still remain unconvinced, they aren't worthy of Led Zeppelin.

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Whoever is Led Zeppelin Rarities, Jimmy Page should hire him. This "1971 live album" he compiled is one I listen to more than the newly remastered official releases of the 1971 BBC session and "How the West Was Won". The sound is alive and much better than the Orlando and Toronto soundboards I have. If you have friends that express doubt about Led Zeppelin's abilities as a live act, just play them this and April 27, 1969 Fillmore West. If they still remain unconvinced, they aren't worthy of Led Zeppelin.

Rarities is the f'in man. 

EDIT:

Edited by paplbojo

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:25 AM, paul carruthers said:

Enjoying this one, Paul. I love the cover art on this silver.

Do you collect or have any silvers, Paul? To be honest, I can't tell the difference in sound between a boot and a silver. But the art is nice on this one.

Best to you, Paul.

2 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ If "silvers" means vinyl, then no. Usually, when it comes to boots it's either Youtube or finding the whole show online if it's a really good one like Earl's Court

Of course, burning some select tracks to a disc works, too...  ☺️

Silvers means shooting the wad from our kind East Coast like a nuclear missile over the Okies to the Westies and to Japan for CDs.

I'll tell ya what, if you want to be Snow Blinded this Winter, I will surprise you. Hey, FLA needs some snow for Christmas every so often.

Best to you. Rock On, Paul. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Page/Plant - Irvine Meadows, CA - October 3, 1995

I was so high at this show that Jimmy's solo during "Since I've Been Loving You" seemed to go on forever. The Forum shows in May were pretty special. But by October Jimmy was really in great playing shape.

3 minutes ago, Strider said:

I was so high at this show that Jimmy's solo during "Since I've Been Loving You" seemed to go on forever. The Forum shows in May were pretty special. But by October Jimmy was really in great playing shape.

I was wondering if you were at that show, while I was watching it. The dvd is fantastic. Jimmy was really coming into his own, playing wise.

Saw them 3 times earlier that year - twice in Chicago and here in O’town.  I thought at Chicago, Jimmy stole the show both nights at the Rosemont Horizon. Orlando it was just a frenzy, being so early in the tour. 

6 minutes ago, Walter said:

I was wondering if you were at that show, while I was watching it. The dvd is fantastic. Jimmy was really coming into his own, playing wise.

Saw them 3 times earlier that year - twice in Chicago and here in O’town.  I thought at Chicago, Jimmy stole the show both nights at the Rosemont Horizon. Orlando it was just a frenzy, being so early in the tour. 

For 1995 I was at both shows at the Forum in May and both shows at Irvine Meadows in October. On the 1998 P & P tour I went to one Irvine Meadows gig and one Hollywood Bowl show.

1 minute ago, Strider said:

For 1995 I was at both shows at the Forum in May and both shows at Irvine Meadows in October. On the 1998 P & P tour I went to one Irvine Meadows gig and one Hollywood Bowl show.

In ‘98 we caught them in Tampa, with Robert standing just below us for the Lily Hayden set, then had Lily Hayden and her group next to us during the P/P set! Saw them in Miami the next show and drove home for 3 three hours with the top down blasting Zeppelin to stay awake on the desolate Everglades highways of south/central Florida! Good times!!

Best TU ever I'd say. Jonesy took a massive dose of funk pills for this one. All throughout he is killing it like I haven't heard elsewhere. Possibly his best on the keys. Jimmy and Jonesy duelling and swapping lead/follow like BOSSES. The middle solo is superb. Funky and never losing its intensity and flavour. The outtro launches into outerspace when Plant starts the "woooo" and guitar follows him out of the stratosphere. Then it all climaxes with an incredible intensity that genuinely makes me think there could well have been a riot immediately following that last note. Energy levels OFF THE CHARTS.

This alone is worth the price of admission in terms of the 1980 tour and how uneven it was.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:52 PM, Walter said:

Page/Plant - Irvine Meadows, CA - October 3, 1995

I have that show on DVD and it is a killer show without a doubt. the 14+ minute dueling solo Jimmy does with Porl, sandwiched between two songs is my favorite moment from this show and there are many. What is truly incredible here is how much it shows Jimmy still developing and expanding as a guitarist. His playing during this solo is quite different and unique compared to anything he had done in the past.

I really love this show...can you dig it man...Far Out daddy-O!!! 

I put together a compilation of the 1972 North American tour. I tried to pick a combination of good performances and sound for each song, but at times I had to go with shows with mediocre sound (ex. 6/14 Uniondale and 6/19 Seattle) in order to find rarities and one off performances. Download link and more information are in the description. :)