Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Misfit

What show or live song are you listening to now?

Recommended Posts

50 years on...still the earliest Led Zeppelin live tape we have. 12/28/68 Gonzaga/Spokane Washington.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liriodendrons remaster of Landover '77. A great show. They skated right on the edge a few times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 years ago tonight. Show #2 that we have on tape and the first listenable show. Jimmy had the flu that week in L.A. Now that it has been 50 years with no official release I believe the show falls into public domain. Any copyright lawyers out there?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Strider said:

50 years ago tonight. Show #2 that we have on tape and the first listenable show. Jimmy had the flu that week in L.A. Now that it has been 50 years with no official release I believe the show falls into public domain. Any copyright lawyers out there?

 

How does a live recording/bootleg fall into public domain? The songs themselves are still copyrighted. Bootlegs have no copyrights anyway. You can copy EVSD's artwork and packaging verbatim and sell it yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

How does a live recording/bootleg fall into public domain? The songs themselves are still copyrighted. Bootlegs have no copyrights anyway. You can copy EVSD's artwork and packaging verbatim and sell it yourself.

I thought it was obvious that I was talking about the performance and not packaging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Strider said:

I thought it was obvious that I was talking about the performance and not packaging.

Same, still. Unless I'm mistaken, live performances are still copyrighted by the original content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Same, still. Unless I'm mistaken, live performances are still copyrighted by the original content.

Except that every song in the Whiskey show is a cover.

As Long As I Have You...cover.

I Can't Quit You...cover.

Train Kept a Rollin'...cover.

Killing Floor...cover.

For Your Love....cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strider said:

Except that every song in the Whiskey show is a cover.

As Long As I Have You...cover.

I Can't Quit You...cover.

Train Kept a Rollin'...cover.

Killing Floor...cover.

For Your Love....cover.

Then why would they have to wait to release it? Going in circles here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remixed the Divinity version of the March 7, 1970 show with the goal of getting the guitar in the right channel and the vocals and other instruments in the center. Anyone who wants the rest, send me a message.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Jimmy's birthday! Only two birthday shows for Jimmy in Led Zeppelin's career. January 9, 1969 Fillmore West (only one song circulates on tape) and January 9, 1970 Royal Albert Hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×