What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Also listening to 6/21/77! 35th anniversary after all! Currently in the middle of the Theremin section of Jimmy's solo. It's awesome aside from the butthurt guy in the audience.

Edited by bamf4k

I have just started listening to 27.6.77 for the first time. Only 3 songs in, but it doesn't sound promising. JP appears to be in 'stumblefingers' mode...

Yeah, I think it's a pretty good show, but I rarely find any real reason to listen to it over the superior 6-21, 6-23 and 6-25 shows. (I know some prefer 6-22, but since the days before and after are available in so much better sound quality, I skip that one.)

I also enjoy the 6/27/77 show...sound quality is good and the vibe of it wrapping up the week at the Forum and ending that leg of the tour is fun too! After I finish listening to the 6/25 show, that's my next one (I don't have the 26th) up.

Right now the acoustic set is beginning from the 6/25 show....:)

I love 6/27/77. It may not be technically perfect, but the vibes are good, and they do shine at various points! (My favorite Nobody's Fault But Mine, 2nd favorite No Quarter, my favorite Black Country Woman/ Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp ever, one of my favorite White Summers, and my favorite ever Noise Solo( I think bamf4k can agree on this one.). Though it's a shame that there's a tape cut in the middle of Achilles.

I have just started listening to 27.6.77 for the first time. Only 3 songs in, but it doesn't sound promising. JP appears to be in 'stumblefingers' mode...

He takes a while to get going on the 27th, but I reckon he's in 'stumblefingers' mode on the 25th as well. Hey, it's Jimmy Page in 1977...I think he legally had his middle name changed from Patrick to Stumblefingers for a time there :lol:

I love 6/27/77. It may not be technically perfect, but the vibes are good, and they do shine at various points! (My favorite Nobody's Fault But Mine, 2nd favorite No Quarter, my favorite Black Country Woman/ Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp ever, one of my favorite White Summers, and my favorite ever Noise Solo( I think bamf4k can agree on this one.). Though it's a shame that there's a tape cut in the middle of Achilles.

When all is said and done 6-27 is my favourite of the LA '77 shows as well. I also love the vibe, and the epic scale of the show (it is Zeppelin's longest performance after all) And, for my money 6-27 has the best acoustic set of the whole tour!

Not to mention Plant constantly ribbing Jonesy about the "Strawberry Tart" :lol:

Think I'll put it on right now, actually...we're going out this evening, but maybe I'll have time to play the whole fucking show before we go...

He takes a while to get going on the 27th, but I reckon he's in 'stumblefingers' mode on the 25th as well. Hey, it's Jimmy Page in 1977...I think he legally had his middle name changed from Patrick to Stumblefingers for a time there :lol:

When all is said and done 6-27 is my favourite of the LA '77 shows as well. I also love the vibe, and the epic scale of the show (it is Zeppelin's longest performance after all) And, for my money 6-27 has the best acoustic set of the whole tour!

Not to mention Plant constantly ribbing Jonesy about the "Strawberry Tart" :lol:

Think I'll put it on right now, actually...we're going out this evening, but maybe I'll have time to play the whole fucking show before we go...

I actually still enjoy the Sick Again from this show as well, I hear everyone say that the group was "teetering on the edge of falling apart" all through the song, but it's still one of the more high-octane versions of this song I've heard. I totally agree about the epic scale of the show, and it does have a very kick-ass acoustic set, and and still can't gush enough about the Noise Solo! 24:50 of awesome! Oh dear indeed!