What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

I decided to listen to my vinyl copy of Live On Blueberry Hill, I can't believe the noises on it, you can hear people talking, the bass is inaudible, and on side three, it sounds like a speaker crashed to the ground. Is it just my copy, as it sounds as if it

was recorded in a bathtub.

I don't recall my vinyl being like that. As there were multiple sources(as many as 6 or 9, I think) for this show, you'll have to provide a label and Matrix # for us to help determine if you got a bad copy.

There are five known sources, and they vary widely in quality. Winston's "The Great Love Affair" primarily uses Source 5, and IMHO it's the best version of this show to get. But opinions are all over the map.

Most vinyl versions use Source 1 and/or 2, which arguably don't sound as good as 5. Source 1 is mono. Source 2, like Source 5, is stereo.

If the vinyl package says TMOQ or Trademark of Quality or Blimp on it, it's likely Source 1. If it says Rubber Dubber anywhere, it's likely Source 2.

I listened to the 6th source, and it did sound like shit compared to the other five sources.

Also, to keep focus on the thread, currently spacing out to the Harmonizer/Theremin/Pickup/Violin Bow Solo 6/27/77.

How Many More Times-Led Zeppelin It's 25 minutes long! :stereo:

Just a helpful hint Victoria, since you're new here: If you can, please list the date and/or venue of the show you're listening to in your post.

I'm listening to 4/26/69 at the Winterland Ballroom!

Oooh, that's a good one, jaycee!

Edited by Strider

Currently watching Knebworth 8/4/79 thanks to a YouTube DL'er. More enteraining than just listening to it. I was amazed that I could actually see the audience during Black Dog. I couldn't ever see them when I was watching Seattle '77. Wish I could've gone to this show, but I was born way too late. 33rd anniversary btw!

Edited by Sue Dounim

^^^

Same here. Just finished watching DVD of the August 4, 1979 Knebworth concert.

It's a very emotional show to watch, even with the flaws(Plant's harmonizer was an idea that never should have come). 23 songs, easily their longest setlist.

Going by performance alone, I still prefer the Second night of the Copenhagen Warm-ups, July 24, 1979. But having the visuals to watch adds something, especially when you see the hugeness of the event.

It is especially instructive to watch Bonham(when the camera deigns to focus on him) and compare Knebworth to RAH 1970 footage, and see how Bonzo had refined his technique immensely over the years. At RAH he's thrashing away like Animal from the Muppets. By Knebworth he's executing his fills with minimum wasted movement; he barely seems to move. Yet the impact is still devastating. Just watch him during Sick Again, Kashmir or Achilles Last Stand.

^^^

Same here. Just finished watching DVD of the August 4, 1979 Knebworth concert.

It's a very emotional show to watch, even with the flaws(Plant's harmonizer was an idea that never should have come). 23 songs, easily their longest setlist.

Going by performance alone, I still prefer the Second night of the Copenhagen Warm-ups, July 24, 1979. But having the visuals to watch adds something, especially when you see the hugeness of the event.

It is especially instructive to watch Bonham(when the camera deigns to focus on him) and compare Knebworth to RAH 1970 footage, and see how Bonzo had refined his technique immensely over the years. At RAH he's thrashing away like Animal from the Muppets. By Knebworth he's executing his fills with minimum wasted movement; he barely seems to move. Yet the impact is still devastating. Just watch him during Sick Again, Kashmir or Achilles Last Stand.

Bonzo was immense that night. I know the shows were far from perfect but being there was the only place to be in the world.