What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

I still have the poster that I sent away for though.I used my sisters ticket stub so I could keep mine.

Wow, how cool is that! Is it a Liverpool specific design or generic 73 tour poster?

Wished they had done that for LA...I don't remember seeing any poster exchange offers for the shows here. Was this a Liverpool only offer? Or did they offer posters for tickets on all the dates of the 1973 UK tour?

Listening to 8-11-79 Knebworth. Anybody know why Ten Years Gone was dropped from the set?

I think I read where they had some technical issues, or felt it hadn't worked too well the previous week? If so, they were wrong, obviously.

I was thinking maybe Jonesey's Triple-necked acoustic was on the fritz, and seeing how there were no other acoustic songs in the setlist, it's probable there were no other acoustic guitars around for backup...Jimmy only brought his electrics.

You're right, if they dropped it because they felt it didn't work the first week...MAJOR MAJOR ERROR on their part!

Do you own or did you download it?

It's a download. I no longer buy bootlegs (the last one I bought was LZs Eternal Mystery in the mid 1990s) Why buy them when you can get them at the click of a mouse button. Even the people who manufcture bootlegs more often than not these days get their recordings from the web via the generosity of tapers who will record a gig and share them for free on a p2p. There are exeptions some tapers still record for profit the label NYBC springs to mind.

It's a download. I no longer buy bootlegs (the last one I bought was LZs Eternal Mystery in the mid 1990s) Why buy them when you can get them at the click of a mouse button. Even the people who manufcture bootlegs more often than not these days get their recordings from the web via the generosity of tapers who will record a gig and share them for free on a p2p. There are exeptions some tapers still record for profit the label NYBC springs to mind.

Yeah, that's how I got my copy too. I was just curious, because I've been trying to track down a way of getting ahold of DVD copies of the video to the last 2 EC dates for over two years now, and I still have no luck.

What do you mean by 'DVD copies' - actual physical DVDs, or downloads?

Either or. I'll be satisfied with a download (assuming the picture res is good enough) but an actual DVD (for a reasonable price) would be good too. I also need Seattle '77 and Knebworth, but I can wait, since I have YouTube rips of these to keep me happy. Like I said, I really want the 2 EC shows though. If I get a download, I at least can find a way to burn the files onto DVDs. Edited by Sue Dounim

Earls Court 25/5/75 Disc 4.

EVSD Demand Unprecedented.

That's exactly the show and the version I am listening to right now...EVSD's soundboard of the May 25, 1975 Earls Court. I'm only up to Disc 2 at the moment. A great No Quarter just concluded, followed now by Tangerine. Hilarious Plantations about Monty Python.

The end of No Quarter switches to an audience tape and it continues thru Tangerine...at least it sounds like an audience tape during Tangerine.

So far, I think I'm liking this show even more than 5-24-75. I have yet to hear the first three nights of Earls Court.

Edited by Strider

still haven't heard that new vancouver show......but i do have it here........i always hit one track first on a 75 board..........Dazed

any good?

It's an average 1975 Dazed, which means it's just okay. Certainly not as good as the D & C's of 1973 and before.

Generally when checking out a new 1975 show, I prefer to listen straight thru from beginning to end first, just to get a sense of the vibe and the performance quality. And also to see what theme the evening's Plantations take. Then, after I've heard the entire show a couple times and have made a mental note of where it fits in the pantheon of Led Zeppelin concerts, if it's not a consistent winner, I'll just pick out certain songs to revisit, or a certain disc.

When talking about 1975 shows, especially soundboards, the tracks I consistently zero in on as worthy of repeated listening are, in order:

1. No Quarter...I've yet to hear a dud No Quarter from 1975...even the brief Chicago ones are cool.

2. Kashmir...the first time this beast was unleashed on audiences and the only tour where Jimmy used his Les Paul for the song, giving the song a different guitar vibe.

3. Whole Lotta Love/Funky Crunge Interlude & Theremin Duel...still, to this day, one of the most memorable moments for me of the 1975 shows...this is when they often finally let their hair down and got their freak on...some of the theremin duels would get so spacy weird you felt your face melting...as for when they did some James Brown or their own Crunge; after the crushing heaviness of much of the night, it was a blast of F-U-N, FUN...and it was all underpinned by some of the best beats of the night by Messers Bonham and Jones...I often felt myself wishing they would jam on instead of going into the usual by-rote Black Dog...obviously this only goes for shows from 2-14 to 5-25, as anything before did not have the interlude jam; you got a verse or two of WLL and then the OOTT riff straight into Black Dog. Boring.

4. In My Time of Dying...another of the PG premieres for the audience...besides the Jimmy Danelectro slide workout, the real treat of this song, especially on the soundboards, is to hear the excellent interplay between Bonzo and Jones on his fretless wonder...in fact, do yourself a favour and next time you listen to IMTOD from this tour, ignore Jimmy and just focus on Jonesey's playing.

5. Trampled Underfoot...another PG premiere and another performance featuring Jones and Bonzo having fun and playing around with the beat...and a chance to hear Jimmy get crazy with the wah wah pedal.

6. Over the Hills and Far Away...1975 is when Jimmy's solo really started gaining consistent shape and spaciness with the delay effects and all...after the plodding opening of R n R/SA, OTHAFA is usually when the 1975 concerts start going for me.

7. The Song Remains the Same/Rain Song...the last tour these two songs would remain linked together and the last time Rain Song would be performed in the U.S...also the last time Jimmy's 12-string would have that remarkable bell-chime tone for TSRTS; subsequent tours would feature a harsher, more metal tone.

So, as you can see, Dazed and Confused is far down my list of priorities for 1975 boots. And talking with other fans, I get the same feeling...most people I meet point to No Quarter and the PG songs as the highlights of 1975.

All Dazed has going for it is length...which is misleading in a way. The earlier D & Cs may be shorter but they have twice the musical content and fury than 1975. The only parts of the 1975 Dazed's I enjoy are the Woodstock/bow interlude and the final wah wah jam at the end.

Which leads me to this question, beetleron: Why Dazed and Confused? Why is this the one song you first want to hear on 1975 boots?