What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

You were there right? We NEED a write about that one!!!!

Peace.

Greedy bastard... :lol:

I'm afraid you'll have wait for that. Right now, between catching up on work, friends and family commitments(there's like 8 birthdays the next two months), and the helter-skelter of the LA Film Festival and the start of the Hollywood Bowl summer season, I don't have much free time at the moment.

Maybe next year when it will be the 35th anniversary of the 1977 tour.

I'm typing this a day late, but was listening to 6/25/77 again yesterday (34 Years Gone), and am still blown away by that show. Awesome IMTOD, along with Robert belting out 2 minutes of Little Richard Rip It Up...powerful. Communication Breakdown as the encore (only time in '77). Achilles, No Quarter...what a show!!! Vastly underrated on the LA run of shows!!!

I'm typing this a day late, but was listening to 6/25/77 again yesterday (34 Years Gone), and am still blown away by that show. Awesome IMTOD, along with Robert belting out 2 minutes of Little Richard Rip It Up...powerful. Communication Breakdown as the encore (only time in '77). Achilles, No Quarter...what a show!!! Vastly underrated on the LA run of shows!!!

AWESOME No Quarter!!! Best of '77!

Love this show. Pretty cool when they do Rip It Up at the end of a smoking IMTOD. One of the best from '77.

June 27, 1977 - currently "No Quarter" is playing - what a GREAT version of the song! Jimmy and Bonzo are really on fire, with Jonesy playing Floydesque piano parts behind them. Fantastic show as well, one of my favorites! :thumbsup:

Edited by Walter

June 27, 1977 - currently "No Quarter" is playing - what a GREAT version of the song! Jimmy and Bonzo are really on fire, with Jonesy playing Floydesque piano parts behind them. Fantastic show as well, one of my favorites! :thumbsup:

It's hard for me to listen to the June 27, 77 show, because that was my last Zeppelin concert and I tend to get emotional listening to it. If I had known it was going to be the last ever Zeppelin concert in L.A., I would've paid better attention.

As it was, I was stoned for most of those 77 shows, and after seeing 5 of the 6 shows, my mind and body were dazed and confused.

I bet. I enjoyed listening to the show for both of us! I can't even begin to imagine what it must have been like to take in that 7 day period of shows! It's tough to take it all in listening to the bootlegs on the appropriate nights. Whenever you feel like sharing more about those nights, or imPLANTed, etc., please feel free to do so. I find it very interesting and definitely adds to the overall "vibe" of the show for those of us who weren't around in L.A. back then!

Peace.

Tampa 5.5.73. 'Just sit the fuck down, goddammit!'

Relieved to hear a new set-list after all the Oct 72 - Apl 73 shows. OTHAFA really didn't work as the 2nd number, IMO. Celebration Day FTW :). Wish they hadn't dropped Dancing Days, though...

First airing of No Quarter too...:notworthy:

Edited by bouillon

I've just acquired Jupiter and Saturn (Seattle '77). Apparently it's a true soundboard (rather than from video) and it does have a more pure sound. Alas, still get Robert's cracking voice.

Just not that good of a performance as we has in the previous leg of the tour with NYC, L.A and SD.