What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

One of the best ever versions of WLL. Jimmy really turns it up on ICQYB! Never get tired of this one.

Lately I've been just listening to the versions of Dazed & Confused from the German '73 shows, and comparing/contrasting them. I think Hamburg is my favorite, although Vienna is right there.

September 19, 1970 Madison Square Garden (evening show).

I have several versions of this show: "Requiem"; EVSD's 4-disc set of both the afternoon and evening shows, and another I recently picked up: Boogie Mama's "One More For Road", which I am listening to for the first time.

Hard to say how it compares with the other two releases I have...with the average tape quality of the source, it can only sound so good anyway.

What makes the show enjoyable and worth listening to is the sheer power and intensity of the performance. The band is white hot...September 1970 being one of Led Zeppelin's high points in their touring history...and the audience feeds back that intensity to the band. By Whole Lotta Love, the pandemonium is palpable.

An ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL show to have in one's collection, whatever the format.

Edited by Strider

electric_rash_f.jpg

Going on a hike and got the August 22, 1971 LA Forum show on the headphones. 40 years ago I was sulking/crying in my bedroom because I was not allowed to go to either the August 21 or 22 concerts at the Forum. Too young I was told. Had to wait another year. As Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison had all died recently...hell, Jim had only just died the previous month...all year I prayed that nobody from Led Zeppelin would die, or that the band would break up.

How cool is this opening number...what a surprise it must have been to the audience!!!

What does Jimmy say before Stairway?

This is my ___, this is theirs, please join in.

Song?

He gets it reversed. He says "This is not your's, this is our's, please join in." He meant to say "This is not our's, this is your's..." Poor guy was a bit nervous.

Super Dave, that is very cool that you were in attendance because I love Jimmy's performance. He was finally back in the music world and back where he belongs which is on stage, expressing himself through, and with, his first love.

Oh S. Dave, you are very welcome. yesnod.gif

Edited by MissMelanie

He gets it reversed. He says "This is not your's, this is our's, please join in." He meant to say "This is not our's, this is your's..." Poor guy was a bit nervous.

Super Dave, that is very cool that you were in attendance because I love Jimmy's performance. He was finally back in the music world and back where he belongs which is on stage, expressing himself through, and with, his first love.

Oh S. Dave, you are very welcome. yesnod.gif

It was quite something to be there, especially seeing him for the first time. Not the greatest seats in the world, but that wasn't the real important thing. I really liked his performance too. Stairway was great but what got me pumped up during the show was doing a new piece (Midnight Moonlight), with parts of White Summer in it, which was a quite a surprise to me as I knew this from the Zep shows I had been collecting for just a few years then.

It was quite something to be there, especially seeing him for the first time. Not the greatest seats in the world, but that wasn't the real important thing. I really liked his performance too. Stairway was great but what got me pumped up during the show was doing a new piece (Midnight Moonlight), with parts of White Summer in it, which was a quite a surprise to me as I knew this from the Zep shows I had been collecting for just a few years then.

I love that song too. His playing that night was phenomenal considering he had only played a few dates before this night and after such a long hiatus from performing live. His technique on Midnight Moonlight is spot on and he has such a light touch that makes the song so intoxicating to hear. I also love the moment his guitar strap comes loose and as his tech helps him with it, he pumps his fist in the air to the song as Paul Rodgers sings.

I love that song too. His playing that night was phenomenal considering he had only played a few dates before this night and after such a long hiatus from performing live. His technique on Midnight Moonlight is spot on and he has such a light touch that makes the song so intoxicating to hear. I also love the moment his guitar strap comes loose and as his tech helps him with it, he pumps his fist in the air to the song as Paul Rodgers sings.

Most definitely! It was quite an experience and one of my most memorable shows! :thumbsup::guitar_mood: