What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

I've never thought that solo was bad either. It had melody and and a defined structure to it rather than the usual spaced-out chaotic riffing. The guitar was slightly out of tune (slightly) but that doesn't mean his playing was bad. It'd probably sound even better if we had the actual soundboard and not the video soundtrack.

What makes the Seattle "Over The Hills" solo seem worse than it is -aside from that out of tune low E string- is some of the wierd Fusionesque riffing/soloing JPJ is playing underneath Page's solo. In places what the bass and the guitar are playing are clashing...badly.

Thanks to the graciousness of NR, I'm listening to an audience source of Berlin '80 for the first time.

Yer welcome...let us know what you think of the audience tapes...while yer at it, let us know what you thought of Tempe '77 as well!

I'm a little confused Paul...you talk about Seattle 77 in your post but the clip you attached is Landover 77.

I was using the Landover clip as an example of what many call one of Zep's "Bad" 1977 shows that I actually like. I guess the same could be said for Seattle as well & some might want to throw Houston 5/21 in there as well. Hope that clears up the confusion....

Yer welcome...let us know what you think of the audience tapes...while yer at it, let us know what you thought of Tempe '77 as well!

Absolutely Nutrocker. I just want to get a firm grasp on the particulars of each tape before I write my thoughts down.

June 3, 1977 Tampa...the new recording.

Edited by Strider

I've seen lots of zeppelin footage. But I have never seen the Zeppelin members acting so crazy in a single performance.

Bravo, bravo! Words cannot describe how much I love this! Before the glamour and glitz, before all that comes with being the greatest band on earth, just raw and powerful music, magic in the making like the world has never seen! Thanks for posting!! :)

Cool, I'm in...what version are you using as the basis, Winston's? Millard 1st gen? Deep Striker? Sunset?

I'm using EVSD's "Just Can't Be Satisfied" from the big "For Badge Holders Only" boxset. It still sounds better to me than any low gen or fan remasters I've ever heard. I'm not doing anything radical with it, just reducing the tape hiss a little bit and more EQ in the high and mid range:

https://soundcloud.com/pseudonym1209/ledzeppelin-nobodysfaultbutmine-19770627