What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Thank you Nutrocker. This "St. Louis" is only 5 tracks long starting with BOE. Yes side by side - Going To California sounds identical to that of the May 25th.

The Plant/Krauss Raleigh one is authentic yet uncirculated, and will be kept that way. But thanks for the heads up on the St. Louis. Was hard to identify as it sounds as though it was recorded in a dunny.

Thank you Nutrocker. This "St. Louis" is only 5 tracks long starting with BOE. Yes side by side - Going To California sounds identical to that of the May 25th.

The Plant/Krauss Raleigh one is authentic yet uncirculated, and will be kept that way. But thanks for the heads up on the St. Louis. Was hard to identify as it sounds as though it was recorded in a dunny.

Yep, that's the May 25 Landover audience tape alright :lol: A few years back some assholes tried passing the first half of that recording off as Dallas April 1 '77 as well. It's an easy tape to try and fake people out with because it's such a distant recording the Plantations are more or less unintelligible.

When I first called out the guy over at RO who was trying to pass off Landover as St Louis he fell back on the old bullshit claim "Well, I got it from a friend who got it from a friend and that's what they were told it was..." :rolleyes: Sorry to see that you got hoodwinked by it as well, Panther.

As for me, I'm not listening to anything right now (unless frying bacon counts) but I do believe this weekend I will actually have time to bust out Munich 1980 as I've been planning on doing for a while now...I will report back when I do.

1973/07/17 again. I remember why this is my favorite show from '73.

+1,000,000!!!

Random fact about me: This is my favourite 1973 concert. I listen to Seattle '73 more than any other 1973 show...more than the ones I went to at the Forum and Kezar, more than Mobile AL, New Orleans, and MSG NY. Even more than Southampton, Stoke, Munich, Vienna, Hamburg, and Offenbach.

The vinyl V 1/2 bootleg is one of my most cherished possessions. I even love the soundboard.

Over the Hills and Far Away 1975/03/12. Really wish Jimmy had kept that unique touch he added during the outro through the rest of the tour.

+1

June 2, 1973 Kezar Stadium, San Francisco

It has been a while since I listened to this show, but inspired by my recent visit with Seattle 1973, I dug out my Kezar bootleg, and I have taken note of something that I have overlooked before.

My list of favourite bow segments from "Dazed and Confused" has always included 9/29/71 Osaka, 6/25/72 LA, 5/13/73 Mobile AL, 9/14/71 Berkeley, and 1973 MSG. But I have to now add the bow solo from 1973 Kezar Stadium to the list...it is outstanding!!!

+1,000,000!!!

Random fact about me: This is my favourite 1973 concert. I listen to Seattle '73 more than any other 1973 show...more than the ones I went to at the Forum and Kezar, more than Mobile AL, New Orleans, and MSG NY. Even more than Southampton, Stoke, Munich, Vienna, Hamburg, and Offenbach.

The vinyl V 1/2 bootleg is one of my most cherished possessions. I even love the soundboard.

+1

Yeah I had that boot for years until I foolishly sold it when I lost my love for all things rock and roll. If I remember it was the audience incomplete version

It has the best ever version of Whole Lotta Love from that tour. Really heavy. Bonzo and Jonesy are on fire. And I thought I'd give it a whirl:

Edited by chillumpuffer

June 2, 1973 Kezar Stadium, San Francisco

It has been a while since I listened to this show, but inspired by my recent visit with Seattle 1973, I dug out my Kezar bootleg, and I have taken note of something that I have overlooked before.

My list of favourite bow segments from "Dazed and Confused" has always included 9/29/71 Osaka, 6/25/72 LA, 5/13/73 Mobile AL, 9/14/71 Berkeley, and 1973 MSG. But I have to now add the bow solo from 1973 Kezar Stadium to the list...it is outstanding!!!

I'll have to listen again...if I remember correctly the rest of the song is a bit sloppy in parts at that show, no?

I'll have to listen again...if I remember correctly the rest of the song is a bit sloppy in parts at that show, no?

Maybe not quite peak-1973 fluency, but a lot depends on what source you are listening to...audience or soundboard? The soundboard makes it seem sloppier.