What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Whole Lotta Love - March 16, 1973 - Vienna, Austria

Back in the 80's, when I got this boot...listening to the Dazed & Confused for the first time from this show was the single most greatest high I've ever experienced.

Knebworth 4 August 1979. A bit nervy but not a bad gig - more of an experience. Should have played one or two secret UK warm up dates as well as Copenhagen though.

Probably as objective as I will ever get on the Knebworth shows.

Montreux 3/7/1970 on this wonderful 45th anniversary!! Definitely one of the best shows! Wish it had been professionally recorded instead of Royal Albert Hall, but both are freaking killer!

I have a question about this show. Was this the show where Page was wearing plaid pants? I'm sure he wore them more than once, but when you search images for Montreux 1970 he is wearing them, but on the cover of Intimidator he and Plant are wearing completely different clothes...

Were the people in the audience (in the front) sitting on the floor? Seems like Zeppelin were way too aggressive on that show for anyone to just sit there. lol

Montreux 3/7/1970 on this wonderful 45th anniversary!! Definitely one of the best shows! Wish it had been professionally recorded instead of Royal Albert Hall, but both are freaking killer!

I have a question about this show. Was this the show where Page was wearing plaid pants? I'm sure he wore them more than once, but when you search images for Montreux 1970 he is wearing them, but on the cover of Intimidator he and Plant are wearing completely different clothes...

Were the people in the audience (in the front) sitting on the floor? Seems like Zeppelin were way too aggressive on that show for anyone to just sit there. lol

lz19700307_01.jpglz19700307_02.jpglz19700307_04.jpg

^^^ those are some awesome pictures! The band and the audience were on fire that night!

I still wonder where EV came up with the cover of Intimidator from.. Seems like they would have used one of these images, the last one would have made for an awesome cover in black/white.

There would have to be some editing to remove the racist lyric Robert sings regarding the game 7up. Anyone else notice it. I have never heard him use that word before or after.

There would have to be some editing to remove the racist lyric Robert sings regarding the game 7up. Anyone else notice it. I have never heard him use that word before or after.

Yea it's pretty shocking on first listen. Obviously he doesn't use it in a derogatory manner, just quoting the original for what its worth.

^@0:59

^17:08

Yea it's pretty shocking on first listen. Obviously he doesn't use it in a derogatory manner, just quoting the original for what its worth.

^@0:59

^17:08

C'mon sath, you know I know he was just quoting the original song. Its such a sign of the times and strange to hear it because he'd never even attempt it or get away with it in today's PC world.

C'mon sath, you know I know he was just quoting the original song.

Oh I know man, just putting it up in case someone didn't know what we're talking about. Thought it might make for interesting coversation.

Its such a sign of the times and strange to hear it because he'd never even attempt it or get away with it in today's PC world.

That's true. At least not in America lol. Not that he should, but it seems Europeans would understand the context.

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

Texas 8/31/1969. (You Shook Me at the moment, but listening to the full hour). I just got this show about a month ago and have listened to the full set about 5 times! They were on fire that night, definitely had a fun time before returning home. Ohh how much fun it must've been for those people at the show! I've heard people say Page was 'over playing' that night.. Ehh the band kept up quite well IMO.

A few years ago (before I was a HUGE Zeppelin fan) my dad and I were traveling through Texas and stopped for a drink at a small gas station outside of Dallas and there was a neat metal sign advertising Led Zeppelin Texas Pop Festival 1969... Damn!! How I wish I would have offered the store some money for it :( even before I was a huge Zeppelin fan I thought having a sign advertising one of their shows would be really cool.