What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Heartbreaker - Florida 8-31-1971. Absolutely smokin' jamming after Jimmy's solo section with an incredible bass riff from Jonesy. Oh, if this had been multitracked! At least we have a listenable sbd though.

Whole Lotta Love-May 16, 1973 Houston, TX

front_zpsujzxftpz.jpg

Isn't that the May 28 1973 San Diego boot?

Edited to add: Never mind...just remembered the third disc is Houston '73.

Edited by Strider

It's the 40th anniversary of the legendary Earl's Court run!!!

Don't bug me, I'm busy for the rest of the week!

Heartbreaker - Florida 8-31-1971. Absolutely smokin' jamming after Jimmy's solo section with an incredible bass riff from Jonesy. Oh, if this had been multitracked! At least we have a listenable sbd though.

Ditto on both counts! :yesnod:

I'm enjoying such a strong morning cup that I'm time traveling back to May 23rd 1975, 40 years ago today!

Playing it nice and loud too, I've got the little red limit lights blinking, 600 watts of vintage 70's McIntosh power into vintage 70's Infinity QLS-1 speakers,

Now where are my bell bottoms, lava lamp and afro pick?

I'm getting ready for my May 24 1975 Earl's Court 40th Anniversary BBQ and Beer Fest! A few fellow Zep fans from the "old daze" are coming by to relive our teen years by eating, drinking and smoking our way to the correct state of mind to enjoy the famous DVD. I have a projector set up in the garage with a movie screen between some 5 1/2 foot tall 70's vintage speakers. Plenty of ice cold Henry Weinhard's beer, our drink of choice in the '70s and my "gateway" brew on the road to beer snobism, and of course a bottle of Jack Daniels. I've got my famous BBQ sauce cooking on the stove and two racks of pork ribs and a tri tip in the smoker. I really do wish so many of you could be here too!

I'm getting ready for my May 24 1975 Earl's Court 40th Anniversary BBQ and Beer Fest! A few fellow Zep fans from the "old daze" are coming by to relive our teen years by eating, drinking and smoking our way to the correct state of mind to enjoy the famous DVD. I have a projector set up in the garage with a movie screen between some 5 1/2 foot tall 70's vintage speakers. Plenty of ice cold Henry Weinhard's beer, our drink of choice in the '70s and my "gateway" brew on the road to beer snobism, and of course a bottle of Jack Daniels. I've got my famous BBQ sauce cooking on the stove and two racks of pork ribs and a tri tip in the smoker. I really do wish so many of you could be here too!

Havin' it large! Enjoy!

Watching DVD of May 24, 1975 Earl's Court, natch! As usual, the numbskulls at Empress Valley can't be bothered to get the cover art right...that isn't a photo from Earl's Court, that is from the Forum show of March 27, 1975.

court_of_king_james_dvd.jpg

Edited by Strider

Well, I'm totally wiped out, beat up and hungover and it feels GREAT!

We had so much fun last night, first we ate and got our talk out and first three drinks in, then we went downstairs to Earl's Court West (my garage). You know how it is by the time everybody breaks into that fourth drink, we were ready to rock. As was the tradition "back in the day" we lit a joint as the band walked on stage, and we were off! Everybody was hootin' and hollarin' as the band roared into Rock and Roll, but by the time Sick Again got going, I noticed everyone was silent and staring, open mouthed, at the band; Jimmy was kicking our collective asses just like the old days! We were all smiles as the show continued, someone broke out the Jack and we sat on the floor and smoked another joint as Tangerine started the acoustic set. Damn, three and a half hours is a long show, I had to run to the restroom during Moby Dick, I guess that's part of the purpose of those solo sections! Led Zeppelin continued to amaze as the band plowed through the second-to-last Dazed and Confused with John Bonham. Stairway brought us back down to earth, everyone was in a quiet reverie as we looked back across those years, our lost youth, missing friends, and the sweet fact of being together again. I mean, wow, 40 years, I remember listening to the newly released Physical Graffiti with these guys! Then Whole Lotta Love grabbed us, shook off the narcotic of nostalgia, and rocked us like only Led Zeppelin can, a thundering Black Dog finished us off, we were all left happily exhausted.

1975/05/25 as well, even if it is belated now. The mix is awful but the playing is too solid for me to stay away. If the drums had just been more upfront and the cymbals been louder I wouldn't even care if this show got officially released.