What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Well after a few months of enjoying the new remasters tremendously, I am back to listening to as much live material as possible!

45 years ago today, Oakland 9/2/1970!! Such a fantastic show, two days later is pretty much the exact show being perfected. I'm not too sure if I'll be able to enjoy Blueberry Hill on Friday though because of the new Iron Maiden album that I am extremely excited for!!

Yesterday for my very 1st time I listened to LA Forum 6/27/1977 all the way through! That's another great show being over 3 1/2 hours! I would rather have seen Zeppelin 7 years earlier though, but they still knew exactly how to put on a great show! I love how the drums sound on the Millard recordings. 

45 years ago on this very night...September 4, 1970. A day that will always live on in legend. Not only for Led Zeppelin's gig at the Fabulous Forum, which was surreptitiously recorded by some intrepid fans and immortalized as the "Blueberry Hill" or "Live at the Forum 9-4-70" bootlegs, which happens to be one of the three most important and historic bootlegs ever. But this date is also legendary for Fairport Convention were in the midst of their week-long residency at the Troubadour Club in West Hollywood, which they were recording for a live album. After Zeppelin's Forum concert was over, the band limo'd up to the Troubadour and joined Fairport Convention at the end of their set. All reports say that the tape recorders were still rolling during the Fairport Zeppelin jam but no tapes have surfaced to this day. Fairport Convention did release a live album from the Troubadour run, called "House Full".

So this night 45 years ago in L.A. gave birth to two great live albums...one official, one a legendary bootleg.

Edited by Strider

45 years ago on this very night...September 4, 1970. A day that will always live on in legend. Not only for Led Zeppelin's gig at the Fabulous Forum, which was surreptitiously recorded by some intrepid fans and immortalized as the "Blueberry Hill" or "Live at the Forum 9-4-70" bootlegs, which happens to be one of the three most important and historic bootlegs ever. But this date is also legendary for Fairport Convention were in the midst of their week-long residency at the Troubadour Club in West Hollywood, which they were recording for a live album. After Zeppelin's Forum concert was over, the band limo'd up to the Troubadour and joined Fairport Convention at the end of their set. All reports say that the tape recorders were still rolling during the Fairport Zeppelin jam but no tapes have surfaced to this day. Fairport Convention did release a live album from the Troubadour run, called "House Full".

So this night 45 years ago in L.A. gave birth to two great live albums...one official, one a legendary bootleg.

That's _ amazing.

Listening to a very great, very long show tonight...

LA Forum ~ June 25, 1972!!!!! 'Burn Like A Candle'!!

I really like the quality of How The West Was Won. Amazing sound quality! But Burn Like A Candle is almost better since it includes Tangerine, Louie Louie, Thank You and Communication Breakdown and all the Plantations that add up to an extra 35 minutes of concert time and isn't a mix of Long Beach 6/27/72 either. Plus the quality of the audience bootleg is one of the best!