What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Finally acquired the March 3, 1975 Ft. Worth soundboard recently. Holy smoke...it smokes! Especially Bonzo. It's the EVSD release titled "Sparking J.H.B." with mastering credited to somebody called "The W.T.H. Twins".

Already the show has moved into the upper echelon of 1975 gigs, in my opinion. Best show of the Texas swing, I think. No Quarter and Over the Hills and Far Away are massive keepers...Bonham's onslaught is contagious. I even listened all the way thru Moby Dick without getting bored. And the Whole Lotta Love funk/theremin section, which was always a highlight of the 1975 tour to me, is easily one of the best in their history. Bonham is ON FIRE! Listen to this, Ginger!

6 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Bonus%20disc%20front_zpsvl19t5n4.jpg

Bonus%20disc%20back_zpss0e4gmyh.jpg

New Soundboards sound great imo, better than I had hoped. :stereo:

Very interesting looking cover there, Sath! I know that this is the mighty Led Zeppelin in concert and it doesn't get any better than this, but for a split second, I actually got a Hong Kong 97 vibe off the cover! :blink::lol: Sounds crazy I know, but the cover that you posted, reminded me of this:

logo.png

Ahhhhh!!!! :ahhh: 

10 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Very interesting looking cover there, Sath! I know that this is the mighty Led Zeppelin in concert and it doesn't get any better than this, but for a split second, I actually got a Hong Kong 97 vibe off the cover! :blink::lol: Sounds crazy I know, but the cover that you posted, reminded me of this:

logo.png

Ahhhhh!!!! :ahhh: 

:lol:

I think Hong Kong 97 easily passes as a 'bootleg' title. ;)

Listening to what I think is the best version of 09-04-70 I've heard so far, from the recent EVSD box set. Great quality (IMO of course) - EVSD Source 2 - TMOQ Alternate Source.

blueberry_hill_d3_f.jpg

blueberry_hill_d4_f.jpg

Edited by Jukkin
Edited text

4 hours ago, Jukkin said:

Listening to what I think is the best version of 09-04-70 I've heard so far, from the recent EVSD box set. Great quality (IMO of course) - EVSD Source 2 - TMOQ Alternate Source.

blueberry_hill_d3_f.jpg

blueberry_hill_d4_f.jpg

Know where I can get this? 

Not sure what is permitted to post here but anyway - It's on Dime as part of:

Live on Blueberry Hill
The Complete 1970 LA Forum Tapes (EVSD)

The sources are also available individually, look for Source 2, TMOQ alternate source.

On 10/18/2016 at 2:44 AM, Strider said:

Finally acquired the March 3, 1975 Ft. Worth soundboard recently. Holy smoke...it smokes! Especially Bonzo. It's the EVSD release titled "Sparking J.H.B." with mastering credited to somebody called "The W.T.H. Twins".

Already the show has moved into the upper echelon of 1975 gigs, in my opinion. Best show of the Texas swing, I think. No Quarter and Over the Hills and Far Away are massive keepers...Bonham's onslaught is contagious.

I cant believe this release came and went without much fanfare. It's actually pretty hard to find for purchase. For me, it holds up very well against most of the later 3/75 shows like LA and Vancouver. The 3/5 Days Confused on EV is another Texas '75 show that doesn't get it's props. IMO , It's one of the best from the entire tour.

The newer EV releases are all mastered by the WTH Twins with great results.

Right now I'm listening to Motor City Daze 7/12/73 on Antrabata. But I'm definitely putting 3/3/75 & 3/5/75 on deck.

4 hours ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

I cant believe this release came and went without much fanfare. It's actually pretty hard to find for purchase. For me, it holds up very well against most of the later 3/75 shows like LA and Vancouver. The 3/5 Days Confused on EV is another Texas '75 show that doesn't get it's props. IMO , It's one of the best from the entire tour.

The newer EV releases are all mastered by the WTH Twins with great results.

Right now I'm listening to Motor City Daze 7/12/73 on Antrabata. But I'm definitely putting 3/3/75 & 3/5/75 on deck.

I'm preparing a track by track review of 3.3.75 Ft. Worth for posting soon.

I've seen some cool shows on Halloween...Oingo Boingo in the 1980s, Jane's Addiction in 1990, Phish, Rolling Stones in 1981, 1994, and 2002...so I was curious if Led Zeppelin ever played any concerts on Halloween.

I was disappointed to find they only played one time on Halloween, Oct. 31, 1969 in Springfield, Massachusetts, and no tape exists of the show.

The closest we get is supposedly tape exists of the show in Buffalo the night before, Oct. 30, 1969. I have yet to come across it at the record shops and swaps.

Jane's Addiction and Halloween seems like a great time!

Looking forward to your 3/3/75 review. I'm wondering what "new" release followed this show, I think it may have been the Tarrant County 77 SBD. That was a great release but not so much to have totally overshadowed a great '75 SBD and an even better show .

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment, enjoying Kashmir live at the LA Forum (March 27, 1975). I really need to get the other 2 LA shows already, but always feel like I would always pick this one because of the killer addition of Since I've Been Loving You... However that cut in the Rain Song is horrid.. I love listening to '75 audience tapes. After so many brickwalled soundboards that start to sound the same after a while it's very enjoyable hearing the other side.