What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Hey y'all -- just realised, the only sound of Zurich I have (29/06/80), which I am giving a good listen to right now, are MP3's.

Anyone suggest where a goof FLAC may be acquired? I'd love to hear the Trampled from this show - possibly the BEST EVER (love to hear alternative suggestions).

Cheers brothers and sisters....

Just found a copy of 06-28-1972 'Neath The Arizona Skies, Tucson. I have a couple of releases that are not that great but 'A Group Personal Project' have really done a great job and made it very listenable and enjoyable.

Lineage: "Crashing Revelry", (EVSD), Trader CD-R > EAC, Secure Mode, Accurate Stream, No Disable Cache > WAV >   Remaster > Flac Frontend, Encoding Options, Level.8, Align On Sector Boundaries > Flac (from the info file).

led zeppelin 1972-06-28 tray front outer.jpg

5 hours ago, Jukkin said:

Just found a copy of 06-28-1972 'Neath The Arizona Skies, Tucson. I have a couple of releases that are not that great but 'A Group Personal Project' have really done a great job and made it very listenable and enjoyable.

Lineage: "Crashing Revelry", (EVSD), Trader CD-R > EAC, Secure Mode, Accurate Stream, No Disable Cache > WAV >   Remaster > Flac Frontend, Encoding Options, Level.8, Align On Sector Boundaries > Flac (from the info file).

led zeppelin 1972-06-28 tray front outer.jpg

Great show! Jimmy's playing is top notch

On 01/07/2017 at 6:10 PM, rm2551 said:

Hey y'all -- just realised, the only sound of Zurich I have (29/06/80), which I am giving a good listen to right now, are MP3's.

Anyone suggest where a goof FLAC may be acquired? I'd love to hear the Trampled from this show - possibly the BEST EVER (love to hear alternative suggestions).

Sent you a PM

LA 22/06/1977

Working my way through the LA shows - I've had Eddie for a while now but not delved beyond it. Given Badgeholders a good listen and the 25th as well, now I'm playing the 22nd and despite the lesser sound quality this is clearly one of the best nights.

Got the 27th lined up, been listening to bits of that as well - it's not as intense a show but for some reason the vibe is appealing. The 26th is nowhere to be found on Youtube, otherwise I'd give that a go too.

26 minutes ago, Cosmic_Equilibrium said:

LA 22/06/1977

Working my way through the LA shows - I've had Eddie for a while now but not delved beyond it. Given Badgeholders a good listen and the 25th as well, now I'm playing the 22nd and despite the lesser sound quality this is clearly one of the best nights.

Got the 27th lined up, been listening to bits of that as well - it's not as intense a show but for some reason the vibe is appealing. The 26th is nowhere to be found on Youtube, otherwise I'd give that a go too.

Here's a playlist of the 26th. It's missing Nobody's Fault But Mine, but otherwise appears to be complete. Welcome to the forum, btw! :)

On 7/5/2017 at 7:14 PM, Cosmic_Equilibrium said:

LA 22/06/1977

For me, the 27th is a toss up between EVSD's Deep Striker and Mike The Mike (Winston Remaster). Both are excellent releases.

On 7/1/2017 at 3:10 AM, rm2551 said:

July 7, 1980 Berlin is off the hook. Jimmy assimilates some Krautrock textures in the solo and goes into outer-space...and Bonzo and Jones keep up with him. If it's not my favourite "Trampled Under Foot", it's as close as dammit. It sure as hell is the longest TUF by far. Other TUFs I really dig are June 27, '77 and July 24, '77.

Edited by Strider

11 hours ago, Strider said:

July 7, 1980 Berlin is off the hook. Jimmy assimilates some Krautrock textures in the solo and goes into outer-space...and Bonzo and Jones keep up with him. If it's not my favourite "Trampled Under Foot", it's as close as dammit. It sure as hell is the longest TUF by far. Other TUFs I really dig are June 27, '77 and July 24, '77.

Cheers mate, I'll give em a listen as soon as I can.

23 hours ago, Strider said:

Yep!  TUF '80 are pretty much my favorite and that WLL from the last show is bananas!  Outside of the long medley versions of '72 and prior, it's my favorite version.  Still gotta listen to it before the month is over...

Playing some of the UK winter tour 1971 on Youtube. Newcastle is quite nice - a fairly loose and relaxed show for 1971, but it's in noticeably better sound quality than anything else I've heard from this tour.

It's a shame that there isn't some better quality audio out there, because I'm listening to the Manchester show from the 24th now and I think it could well be one of the better shows of that entire year. However it sounds like it was recorded underwater.

Edited by Cosmic_Equilibrium

Another killer "No Quarter"...this one from June 8, 1977 at MSG. Jimmy really bites into the main solo in the Big Apple. Yes, the boogie-woogie section was unnecessary, but most 1977 "No Quarter"s are still live Led Zeppelin at their best...live without a net.