What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

40 years on, I have Seattle 7/17/1977 on for the first time ever (I have the vid and have watched it 20 times but never heard the SBD) and its not as bad as I thought it would be. . I hit about 10 anniversary shows through the year and while they have some awful moments, 98% is pure magic. .G  O  A  T. .  

39 minutes ago, Sue Dounim said:

25 minutes into Dazed from Seattle 73 and Bonzo's playing is driving me insane!!

Awesome! I just listened to that yesterday and felt the same way!  I even endured the 30 min Moby Dick while driving on open highway today.  Bonzo was really on that day with so many different fills and rhythms - wish Jimmy wasn't lost in the mix for so many of the other songs. ??✌?

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Awesome! I just listened to that yesterday and felt the same way!  I even endured the 30 min Moby Dick while driving on open highway today.  Bonzo was really on that day with so many different fills and rhythms - wish Jimmy wasn't lost in the mix for so many of the other songs. ??✌?

Thankfully the V1/2 audience tape has Jimmy nice and up front

19 hours ago, Walter said:

I'm guessing you heard the soundboard? If so, I recommend Winston's "Seattle Matrix". They matrixed the soundboard and audience tape and it sounds great. Awesome balance of clarity and atmosphere imo!

That gig is indeed a great one. Probably my personal favorite version of The Rain Song.

currently listening to Nutrocker's baby, 1977/06/11. On SIBLY now. More people really oughta sing this show's praises outside of No Quarter. The opening songs are some of the heaviest I've ever heard, especially once u speed correct the tape and eliminate that piercingly sharp treble to reveal some very good bass frequencies.

17 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

I'm guessing you heard the soundboard? If so, I recommend Winston's "Seattle Matrix". They matrixed the soundboard and audience tape and it sounds great. Awesome balance of clarity and atmosphere imo!

That gig is indeed a great one. Probably my personal favorite version of The Rain Song.

I don't have Winston's version of that show but I do have Afterburner which was allegedly a rip off his matrix and to me it sounds like a board only except for the audience patches and songs at the end. I'd like to ask Winston if he truly matrixed the sources. If he did then maybe he just used s very slight bit if audience tape as ambience. 

I think that's the Rain Song where the mellotron craps out so he finished it on the Rhodes. Great show, one of my all time favorites . 

On 7/22/2017 at 0:06 PM, Sue Dounim said:

currently listening to Nutrocker's baby, 1977/06/11. On SIBLY now. More people really oughta sing this show's praises outside of No Quarter. The opening songs are some of the heaviest I've ever heard, especially once u speed correct the tape and eliminate that piercingly sharp treble to reveal some very good bass frequencies.

Yes such a great recording.  Don't know what happened in the second half of the show but it is not nearly as good a recording as the first half.  I was at the show and I am so glad I found this version.  For years all I had was the soundboard snippet (great but did not really capture the atmosphere the way this version does) and some very poor audience tapes.

You are so right about the opening - the first four songs are so intense.

On 7/22/2017 at 9:06 AM, Sue Dounim said:

Ten Years Gone is an absolute pleasure to listen to from that show. One of my favorites.