What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

On 9/27/2010 at 2:27 PM, Misfit said:

Listening to The Dragon Snake 5/21/77 Houston now.

That Kashmir is my favorite version. Not sure which source you have, but mine has Robert's vocals clipping quite often, unfortunately.

Edit: I thought I was on the last page of this thread lol.

Edited by gibsonfan159
Extra info

On 9/28/2017 at 2:45 PM, Sathington Willoughby said:

God damn and slap may ass but shit, those LA shows made NY sound tired by comparison. That Heartbreaker was bloody Brandy & Coke all the way. Everyone is just great. Page & Bonham are locked in so tight to be considered some sort of preternatural psychic link. You would those changes Pages does with Bonham, quite literally, not missing a beat or change, would be impossible. What a show!

Edited by IpMan

1 hour ago, John M said:

2:48 - 4:51 some of the most exciting moments in recorded musical history.  

Does Jimmy really hold the multi-tracks for this but no release as he "is not happy with the quality"?

If so I find that astounding. In fact, I just can't believe it. This Celebration Day would have to be best ever. If the concert is wholly like this, it would be a crime not to release it unless quality is beyond repair (hard to believe in this day and age) as it sounds like one of their strongest shows.

I must be missing something....

4 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Does Jimmy really hold the multi-tracks for this but no release as he "is not happy with the quality"?

If so I find that astounding. In fact, I just can't believe it. This Celebration Day would have to be best ever. If the concert is wholly like this, it would be a crime not to release it unless quality is beyond repair (hard to believe in this day and age) as it sounds like one of their strongest shows.

I must be missing something....

He DID review the Japan 71 multi's in 2003 (during the preparation of DVD and HTWWW). Even with the aid of pro tools, he couldn't solve the issues on the tapes. Otherwise we would have had a companion 3CD 'How The East Was Won'. Imagine what the selection of tracks would have been (Tokyo 23 & 24 vs Osaka 28 & 29)

10 hours ago, rm2551 said:

that sounds like an absolute DISASTER. :(

Never say Never...remember those tapes already were deemed unworthy in November 71 ("as bad as a bootleg"), supposedly wiped....and then given a spin in 2003.  But they are there and even Jimmy has to admit that Tokyo/Osaka 71 are landmarks in the Zep live legacy, equal to Albert Hall, L.A 72, MSG 73 and  Earl's Court

Edited by duckman

Yesterday I put 21/05/77 Houston on. Robert is a bit flat, while Page seems mostly disinterested. Must've been a heavy night the previous night. Bonham is really good, but maybe he just sounds better with Page/Plant seeming to give no fucks? not sure. Only made it to start of Stairway and didn't get back to it.

Today while waiting for my lift I had time for 1 song. OTHAFA from Snowblind - first night. Jeeeez that is a cracker!!!!! Will have to break that out in full soon.