What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Damn...cocaine, one helluva drug! That is way over tempo and Jimmy uses almost pure legato on the opening riff at twice the normal tempo. Jimmy's solo is really good on this but again, a bit too fast. 

8 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Damn...cocaine, one helluva drug! That is way over tempo and Jimmy uses almost pure legato on the opening riff at twice the normal tempo. Jimmy's solo is really good on this but again, a bit too fast. 

Never noticed myself. Of course, I'm so obsessed with the 80 tour right now, I seem to enjoy most--if not all--of it. But--as always--to each their own...

;)

9 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Never noticed myself. Of course, I'm so obsessed with the 80 tour right now, I seem to enjoy most--if not all--of it. But--as always--to each their own...

;)

Oh no, I love it actually, even if it is a wee bit fast. Everyone is on, Plant sounds good. Good version overall and I too really like the 80' tour.

6 hours ago, IpMan said:

Oh no, I love it actually, even if it is a wee bit fast. Everyone is on, Plant sounds good. Good version overall and I too really like the 80' tour.

I'll have to give some whole shows another crack. I try to love it, but there are moments in every show that are difficult.

WSBMS - usually a sad mess.
SIBLY - worst of any era, I find it hard to get into.
The guitar tone for some songs is grating, hard to get past that.

But I also think Trampled is the best ever on a couple of nights, Stairway can be exceptional, and WLL (last concert?) can be among their best.

It's such a mixed bag, every show.

49 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

I'll have to give some whole shows another crack. I try to love it, but there are moments in every show that are difficult.

WSBMS - usually a sad mess.
SIBLY - worst of any era, I find it hard to get into.
The guitar tone for some songs is grating, hard to get past that.

But I also think Trampled is the best ever on a couple of nights, Stairway can be exceptional, and WLL (last concert?) can be among their best.

It's such a mixed bag, every show.

Agreed on all points. If you're looking to try full shows, I'd recommend starting with Frankfurt. Best show of the tour, imho:

1 hour ago, ZepHead315 said:

Agreed on all points. If you're looking to try full shows, I'd recommend starting with Frankfurt. Best show of the tour, imho:

Cheers. Frankfurt has one of my absolute favourite Trampled Underfoot. I keep going back to it regularly to rock the fuck out. I'll try and give the whole show a go again.

:goodpost:

I was listening to the OTHAFA from the 2007 Re-Mastered CD. Jimmy's blistering guitar work sets that apart for me, regardless of Robert's vocal range doesn't match the '72 HTWWW version. I don't care. I never went to a Zep concert in the 70's thinking to measure Robert's vocal range/register -- Never.

I'll take experiencing LZ live, over a thousand thousand boots!!

Sick Again from Seattle '77. The video is from EV and the audio is my own remaster. I'm still working on the sound, but it's mostly done. I love the '77 versions of this song. What a one-two punch to start the show, TSRTS and then this. 

Edited by SteveZ98