What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

16 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Thanks to SteveZ98 (aka North_Bridge) for this remaster of Achilles Last Stand from Houston 77:

Bonham is ridiculously ferocious. A man possessed. At times it felt a little like Jimmy was having to work that bit harder to keep up with him. What a BEAST and what a great example of why JHB was, and remains, unmatched.

17 hours ago, Ocean73 said:

Burn Like A Candle ~ Since Ive Been Loving You

Graf Label

Yes, Graf Zeppelin- the best sounding version of Burn Like A Candle, at least to my ears. And what a beautiful Since I`ve Been Loving You this is, the guitar intro before the first verse is very emotional & unique. I don`t understand why Jimmy Page used the version of Long Beach for the HTWWW release.

13 minutes ago, John M said:

That is fantastic !  If anyone ever says they didn't have it in 1977 play them this.  WOW.

Agreed about the performance. What I've found in remastering the '77 soundboards is that the better they sound, the better you realize the performance was. With the low end finally coming through, I really like getting to hear what Jonsey and Bonzo were playing. And when you hear them, both individually and as a rhythm section, as well as how intricately they and Jimmy worked together, you realize just how good the band was on that tour. 

2 minutes ago, SteveZ98 said:

Agreed about the performance. What I've found in remastering the '77 soundboards is that the better they sound, the better you realize the performance was. With the low end finally coming through, I really like getting to hear what Jonsey and Bonzo were playing. And when you hear them, both individually and as a rhythm section, as well as how intricately they and Jimmy worked together, you realize just how good the band was on that tour. 

Yes!  Exactly that.

11 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Your ability to turn those tinny sounding '77 soundboards into a 'powerful listening experience' is nothing short of a revelation my friend. Whatever it is that your doing, just please keep doing it. B) 

1 hour ago, blindwillie127 said:

Your ability to turn those tinny sounding '77 soundboards into a 'powerful listening experience' is nothing short of a revelation my friend. Whatever it is that your doing, just please keep doing it. B) 

Thanks. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on the soundtrack to the Seattle '77 DVD. My long term plan is to merge it back with the video and release that, but it's turned out to be a little harder than I anticipated. Because of that, I'm probably going to release the audio by itself first. When it's ready, I'll send you a link.

Houston 1977. Interesting show - band seems rather laidback, but Bonham is very energetic. Really good version of SIBLY on this show.

EDIT: Holy crap, an absolutely amazing version of NQ too here! I've not heard the middle section done like that before, much more hard rock than anything. Gets the job done nicely.

Edited by Cosmic_Equilibrium

20180205_131342.thumb.jpg.b26d43b1261e7d88efe6eee7d3a64473.jpg

Yesterday I picked up the Eat a Peach version of the 3.21.75 soundboard. It uses the audience sources to fill in the gaps of the soundboard. For instance, you get the complete intro now with the  typical 1975 announcements.

The sound of the soundboard seems a bit more warm...less harsh than EVSD's, especially the cymbals. Less overlapping between the end and beginning of the discs, too.

Great packaging with 1975 colour and black-and-white photos on each disc sleeve and photo of the old Seattle Center Coliseum on each cd itself, as well as the box cover. Much more affordable than EVSD too.

Comparison of Disc times.

EVSD    Eat a Peach

Disc 1 57:38.    58:47

Disc 2 47:49.    47:34

Disc 3 70:14.    69:32

Disc 4 42:59.    45:17