What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Was going to play Dallas 3-4 and 3-5-75 on this here road trip, but ended up playing my '71 mix instead. Really digging '71 Zep right now!

Did they ever play Tobacco Road in any show other than 9-23-71? Those might be my favorite 5 minutes of any Zep show NOT featuring No Quarter.

Also, I've asked this before, but since no one answered: does anything else from the UK Nov-Dec '71 tour sound as good as Ipswich?

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Boogie Chillen 82 said:

Was going to play Dallas 3-4 and 3-5-75 on this here road trip, but ended up playing my '71 mix instead. Really digging '71 Zep right now!

Did they ever play Tobacco Road in any show other than 9-23-71? Those might be my favorite 5 minutes of any Zep show NOT featuring No Quarter.

Also, I've asked this before, but since no one answered: does anything else from the UK Nov-Dec '71 tour sound as good as Ipswich?

Cheers

Tobacco Road was played in Houston 3/29/70 and Memphis 4/17/70, both during How Many More Times, in addition to 9/23/71. In the future, you can always search for which songs were performed and when on this site, although it is a tad out of date by now.

As for your second question, the only show that I can think of that's close to Ipswich in sound quality is 11/25 Leicester. Plant's a bit sick, but it's otherwise a pretty good show imho.

Decided that I won't be able to get through all of March '75 without burning out (and I don't want to, lol). So, that plan goes on hold.

On my return trip this Sunday I played Seattle 3-21-75. Simply the crown jewel of the 1975 tour. This was my first time playing the soundboard and I was a little afraid that it would take away the mystique of the audience tape. Nah. It's just such an inspired show, nothing could ruin it including the occasional mistakes by Jimmy. Simply fantastic throughout and deservedly a legend. Among the highlights surely are the best NQ, the best SIBLY, the best D&C, and the best WLL/Crunge/theremin jam of the tour. The rest is great as well, and it all sounds fantastic. Jimmy may have individually had better nights on that tour (2-13-75, 3-12-75, 3-27-75) but this is easily up there. Now I almost have to take a break from 1975 because nothing else currently available in good sq comes close!

Edited by Boogie Chillen 82

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

That was a damn fine performance and Jimmy's solo is both unique and IMO, brilliant.

I get brickbrats for this all the time but I love "Hot Dog".

2 minutes ago, Strider said:

Of just that song or of all his solos?

Jeez Strider, I have no idea, but when I heard it I really did think "have I heard better?" - and that was overall. It is incredibly intense with so much emotion and lightning fast with great precision (it seems to me). It's just a beast of a solo.

There is probably a top 10 JP solo's thread I need to look up at some point..... :)

1 hour ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I think people pretend to like Hats Off to be an uber fan.

It sucks

I like it. It's a nice throwback to old blues songs from the 1930's, and is just Zeppelin paying tribute to that era in terms of the musical and recording style. Plus, Jimmy's killing it on the slide.