What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

The intro on this seems to point forward to the Knebworth 1979 reworking a bit.  Not exactly, but a bit.  Is this intro played at any other shows?  Also, check the keyboards during the theramin section.  Completely different keyboard treatment than the one at Montreux March 1970.  The Montreux one has a Deep Purple/Steppenwolf vibe to the keyboards.

April 26, 1969 - San Francisco -- First time listening to this one, oddly enough.  I've had 4/27/69 for a long time, but never listened to 4/26 for some reason.  Impressed so far...

EDIT: LOVE the theremin in the outro of Dazed!!

Edited by Bonzo_fan

On 4/28/2018 at 9:55 PM, Bonzo_fan said:

April 28, 1977 - Cleveland -- the first of the great '77 shows!

O contrary my friend, that honor goes to 10/4/77. The mighty Zep in full flight that night.

12 hours ago, IpMan said:

O contrary my friend, that honor goes to 10/4/77. The mighty Zep in full flight that night.

Fair; I agree.  It has my favourite Plant introduction of "Ten Years Gone".  Too bad the sound quality is so rough...

April 30, 1977 - Pontiac -- Reclaimed the world attendance record at the time--76,229.  I love how you can really hear how big the crowd is on the tape.  Has anybody seen the bridge video?  Where's that confounded bridge video?

Seems like there are a couple of 77 shows that were great performances without soundboards. Is there any information on what '77 shows may be on someones shelf somewhere? (maybe even on EVSD's shelf)

On 4/30/2018 at 10:54 AM, Bonzo_fan said:

Fair; I agree.  It has my favourite Plant introduction of "Ten Years Gone".  Too bad the sound quality is so rough...

What really sucks is that the night before has a great audience source, very clear and defined. They were playing pretty damn good that night as well despite Page's issues. Too bad that dude did not attend the 10th show, or, left his equipment at home.

^It immediately strikes me how the intro piano to NQ seems to be a great mix/balance between a pure piano sound and the organ. It's great! Not to mention the whole piece.

Why the AUD talking? Is there no SB? Is this a matrix? And surely this is a prime example of how Knebworth could be it's own release - or the Led Zeppelin DVD release could be expanded to 3 or 4 DVDs???

Edited by rm2551